Best way to move a mini digger about

For the discussion of hand tools, power tools, operated and non-operated plant, and all sorts of kit associated with the paving and drainage trades
michaelthegardener

i thought that that's why I said about the height :p

rxbren

seen the tiny micro diggers in the back of a van not the k008/tb108 size but the smaller stand behind kobelco number.
main issue with putting a machine inside a van is space you need best part of 9' length height is another issue but it maybe possible dependant on van to fit a 1t machine in but youd probably have to remove the roll bar.
biggest issue would be strapping it safely, if anyone did put one in id doubt they have even bothered to try and tie them down.
then there is the weight by the time you have you machine, ramps, ramps, buckets and other tools your probably close to if not over the limit

Forestboy1978

You don't reckon you could get a mini digger in this?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif....&page=2

I'm going to get a 3.5 ton tipper trailer but I reckon it will go in no??

michaelthegardener

you would need to measure the height id think and how u could safely use ramps don't think that bumper would take the weight

Forestboy1978

michaelthegardener wrote:you would need to measure the height id think and how u could safely use ramps don't think that bumper would take the weight

Probably gonna get it even if it wont fit.....

Plan is 1 small van, 1 large van and a 10x5ft tipper trailer that'll take 3.5 tons.

I was going to px the small van but then i'd just have 2 massive vehicles that I'd HAVE to drive if I needed to pop to the shops. I hate that tipper anyway. Payload is crap....

dig dug dan

Forestboy1978 wrote:
michaelthegardener wrote:you would need to measure the height id think and how u could safely use ramps don't think that bumper would take the weight

Probably gonna get it even if it wont fit.....

Plan is 1 small van, 1 large van and a 10x5ft tipper trailer that'll take 3.5 tons.

I was going to px the small van but then i'd just have 2 massive vehicles that I'd HAVE to drive if I needed to pop to the shops. I hate that tipper anyway. Payload is crap....
There is no trailer that can take 3.5tonnes, it can take 2.5 at a push, you have to allow for the trailer weight!
Dan the Crusher Man
01442 212315
www.crusherhire.co.uk
"a satisfied customer? we should have them stuffed!"

Forestboy1978

Sorry yeah that's what I meant. Roughly 2.4 tons payload. Which is close to 2 tons more than my truck can take when it's loaded with tools lol

rxbren

make sure you get a trailer that has an unladen weight under 1t otherwise its operators license
mine has a potential payload of 2.61t (minus ramps and mesh kit}

Forestboy1978

rxbren wrote:make sure you get a trailer that has an unladen weight under 1t otherwise its operators license
mine has a potential payload of 2.61t (minus ramps and mesh kit}
Nice one Rx, hadn't considered that.

I was looking at this one though which would have fallen under.

http://www.batesontrailers.com/shop....railers

With allow floor, ladder rack, rear loading legs and recessed deck rings a little over 4k not inc VAT

Forestboy1978

What I've done is doubled up on all hand digging tools and concrete breaker hand saws etc . All makita drills, saws, impact drivers batteries and all bits, bolts etc I've packed into x6 stanley fatmax ruck sacks inc nail gun.

Plan is to use large van and trailer for disposal and then it's a 10 min unload of all other tools into the smaller van to work on jobs until finish when large van again is used for disposal, with trailer if necessary.

I'm worried about losing the tipper but I hate it. I can carry 2 tons more with the trailer alone and another 1.5 tons with the van if I work it all out right. Plus that van is nice for putting panels and stuff in.

Gotta be honest not sure I'm making the right decision....

rxbren

I've got the Brian James cargo tipper was just under 4k +vat with loading ramps. It has ladder rack, 8 holes in bed for straps, ally floor and loading legs as standard.
Tows really well
I've got cages as well but they are a bit of a pain although will leave them fitted on.
O Ly thing with the jack legs not sure what your meant to di with them if you fold them out they don't touch the floor so don't k ow if your meant to raise the bed when loading machines on??

O Ly issue with van and trailer is the combined length

Forestboy1978

rxbren wrote:I've got the Brian James cargo tipper was just under 4k +vat with loading ramps. It has ladder rack, 8 holes in bed for straps, ally floor and loading legs as standard.
Tows really well
I've got cages as well but they are a bit of a pain although will leave them fitted on.
O Ly thing with the jack legs not sure what your meant to di with them if you fold them out they don't touch the floor so don't k ow if your meant to raise the bed when loading machines on??

O Ly issue with van and trailer is the combined length
Yeah probably exactly that re raising the bed.

Looks good. Winter's been tough. Want it. Can't have it. Yet...

problem with a high van is I wont miss the van with long lengths laying on the ladder rack... or will I.

Hmmm, never can have it all...

digerjones

The legs probably are designed to hit the floor as the weight goes on whilst loading digger
dylan

dig dug dan

digerjones wrote:The legs probably are designed to hit the floor as the weight goes on whilst loading digger
Spot on that man.
if they hit the ground before you load, they would be impossible to then mkve once the weight had put pressure on the suspension!
Dan the Crusher Man
01442 212315
www.crusherhire.co.uk
"a satisfied customer? we should have them stuffed!"

Forestboy1978

Picking up the van next week and detouring to Leeds to pick up this on the same day http://www.batesontrailers.com/shop/unb ... k-trailer/

Unofficially it'll take 2 tons.. and unofficially it'll tip with a ton bag and a few bags of cement...