Planning multiple plant purchases next spring - Need advice

For the discussion of hand tools, power tools, operated and non-operated plant, and all sorts of kit associated with the paving and drainage trades
Forestboy1978

dig dug dan wrote:That trailer is not a tipper. Its a tilt trailer. There is no way if you put a tonne bag in it you would have the strength to tip it up manually. Folding drawbar? It all looks cheaply made. Avoid.
Don't want it for ton bags but yeah, it's crap, and unsuitable anyway for my dumper as I've now learn't it's 900kg not 600kg

Forestboy1978

ok since being diagnosed with osteoarthritis in my left shoulder and being concerned about my right shoulder also grinding like a wood chipper I am having a re think.

Currently finishing at 3pm twice a week now to train my shoulders and back and legs but mainly shoulders and x1 on weekends. Laborer can be set up and left and is happy with this scenario. Learning how to work with my right hand more too which is actually becoming easier than I expected. Digging though really is a shit no matter what I do.

Obviously I'm not going to be buying lots of plant as I am concerned for the future. I have taken on an excellent labourer who I very much trust and he is keen to learn and earn more money and I am planning to take on 1 more next year, followed by a skilled fencer if all goes well.

Spending a load of money now getting vehicles sign written cos I have (unbelievably) been driving around in multiple vehicles with minimal signage not feeling sure of keeping them. Truck is staying now. Will have to suffice.

Early next year I am purchasing this http://www.batesontrailers.com/product/van-trailers/360v-van-trailer/

Will be adding rear ramp door and loading stands. Personnel door and ratchet points. It will take a 1 ton digger and a lot of tools which is all I need and being GTW of 2 tons my van and truck will tow it. Also, we do a lot of cutting and electrical work. It can be stowed with work bench and mitre saw and stand so we can work in shelter and also store bags of commercial waste, wood offcuts etc so as to keep my truck for spoil of either green or inert.

I will be buying a tracker, not sure to put a sign indicating it is tracked or not. Also obv a clamp and towbar lock.

Let me know what you think of the pro's and cons for this trailer. As usual your thinking is most valuable and always appreciated when I'm making large purchases. My aim now is to reduce deterioration on my shoulder(s) and pray for stem cell treatment and do more wood work and less labouring.

rxbren

If there close enough to you see if you can take your digger over to trial fit it in the rear. I know that's a 12' trailer but in my 10' there is not alot of room behind th digger when its on so if your planning on racking the trailer out you'll be better prepared designing it before hand.

Forestboy1978

Thanks for the input RX. I don't own a digger yet so not an option but I will triple check spec as I will be buying a bobcat mid next year.

Not planning on racking it apart from at the front right hand side. Will have personnel door on the left side at front.

Plan on using it for my mitra saw and work bench on the left mainly and for having lunch in the rain etc. I would be surprised if the digger doesn't fit though. Front shelving is only gonna be 45 cm deep.

Ta