Work clothing

For the discussion of hand tools, power tools, operated and non-operated plant, and all sorts of kit associated with the paving and drainage trades
lemoncurd1702

seanandruby wrote:Bend lengths of rebar so that you have a foot to put concrete blocks on to weigh it down, awkward but doable.i'll try upload a photo later.
Just a thought. Could you drill holes into the top of the block and stick the re-bar in, or the side of the block if you need to use the L shape.
6 inch block would be good.
Cheers
Lemoncurd

seanandruby
Site Admin

Not really. You place them on the tarmac base course. Your way would be to time consuming on the radius. It's quite somple really, it is like a lamp iron with a foot instead of a spike.
sean

Forestboy1978

Anti vibration gloves work. Even cheap ones. Just an FYI!:)

higgness
Site Admin

I bought a pair in Aldi lately, just waiting to try them out.

lemoncurd1702

Work trousers that do not need constantly pulling up?
Cheers
Lemoncurd

higgness
Site Admin

Braces?

lemoncurd1702

Maybe but I think the ones I got are to low slung on the hip. Think I need to borrow some from Simon Cowell.

Will recommend though some waterproof trousers from Screwfix (Hyena brand) not over trousers just wear like normal ones, got pockets and all that.
Works great in this shite weather, need to wear some long johns or something or your legs stick to them.

Wearing them every day at moment and much more comfy than cargos with waterproofs over.
Cheers
Lemoncurd

Constructascape

Cant be arsed to read through 5 pages as page 5 and page 4 dont shed any light. What was the verdict on winter jacket

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

forest loves it we all think its too expensive
LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

Forestboy1978

You all think it's too expensive but you all buy a jacket every year that doesn't come close to this one. It will last years with repairs which are easy with goretex repair kits.

Verdict 9.5/10

Loses 0.5 cos it's a winter jacket and this we're not having a winter. It's too hot to wear in this climate if you are exerting yourself. If weather remains mild like this I'd say twin layer goretex version rather than triple layer would be better and if it does get cold, have a fleece underneath.

rxbren

Bought a bib and brace plus the matching jacket off of sports direct the bib and brace is a little big but the jacket (xxxl) was like wearing a dress so the jacket was passed on to my largest mate which still drowned him.

emma88

Re:

Forestboy1978 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:23 pm In 5 years I've yet to buy a jacket that is actually waterproof. This winter I intend to get it right.

These look great but are ridiculously expensive

http://www.brixworkwear.co.uk/snicker....w7w_wcB

So I was thinking... I plan on getting another motorbike next summer. Haven't ridden in 10 years but I was a biker all year round until I was 25 as I didn't have a car license. Perhaps kill 2 birds with one stone and get one of these.

http://www.fc-moto.de/epages....HTw_wcB

Cheaper, but will it breath? I was also thinking of buying my girl a white bohemian dress or any other light women clothes for breathability purposes and I think to buy some here. Thoughts?

I still have my old leather bike jacket which I'll probably use for the bike mostly as it and I have bounced across the asphalt at least twice and lived to fight another day so I'm attached to it but always good to have a back up, especially if it's getting good use anyway...
That sounds like a great plan! Motorcycle jackets are definitely the way to go if you're looking for something that is both waterproof and breathable. I definitely recommend investing in a good quality one. They may be expensive, but they'll last you a long time and will be worth every penny. Plus, you get the added bonus of being able to use it while you're riding. Good luck with your search and happy trails!