7.5 ton tipper

For the discussion of hand tools, power tools, operated and non-operated plant, and all sorts of kit associated with the paving and drainage trades
tarmal & Co

Has anyone got a Mitsubishi canter 7.5 to tipper.
What are they like breakdowns fuel etc , how much can you legally carry on them, looking at changing my wagon could do with a better pay load than what I am getting on my Iveco 75e

williams

I'll be watching this one closely after my thread about towing has got me seriously considering a 7.5 t.

From my research they have the biggest payload for a 7.5 t, they are quite small as well which is nice as it means I can keep it at home without upsetting people, they can also tow 3.5t.

Place I know who does crushed etc has one and tells me it's solid and cheap to run, will take legally 3.75 tonne. That is the older model though, not sure what the newer one is like. Also know a bloke with a 3.5 and he loves it saying it carry weight like it's not on there.

Kuts

I've been looking at these aswell.
My old DAF45 is starting to show its age, just had to put all new back brakes on :(

msh paving
Site Admin

My canter is a 51plate owned it 5 years, engine very reliable, hardy uses a drop of oil, starts first turn.
With tool box and ramps off I can carry 3.9t but with tool box and ramps its abot 3.3/3.4 t
Parts are not cheap usually next day order, the only gripe is no air brakes on mine so handbrake is a pain a MOT time ,
Body size is same size as my old DAFroadrunner but hight is lower hady for drivethru...
Al in all I would not hesitate to buy another one. MSH :)

Edited By msh paving on 1390595970
paving, mini-crusher, mini-digger hire and groundwork
http://mshpaving.co.uk