Wacker platea

For the discussion of hand tools, power tools, operated and non-operated plant, and all sorts of kit associated with the paving and drainage trades
lemoncurd1702

Just purchase a new wacker after my old one gave up after some 14 years 3 engines and much nurturing.

The one I have purchased is a Wacker-neuson wp1550a and I am not happy with it. It tends to bounce over paving when compacting, I do not like this as I do not believe it is compacting the blocks evenly and also is damaging some and in particular the cut blocks.
I think that possibly the machine is to light or that the exciter frequency is to slow or probably both.

I spoke to wacker before the purchase for advice on choosing the right product and told this is the one that paving contractors choose.

Anyone else got one of these or similar?
Cheers
Lemoncurd

msh paving
Site Admin

This perfectly acceptable for use on block paving, the reason it is bouncing is the fact the blocks are fully compacted and therer is no more give in them,the best person at wacker to talk to is Kevin, he is one of the best persons to talk to about your issues, i have a diesel version of this model i owned 13 years no probs at all
why is it damaging cut blocks? very unusual if they are all flat when laid, maybe post a piccy. MSH :)
paving, mini-crusher, mini-digger hire and groundwork
http://mshpaving.co.uk

lemoncurd1702

Yeah msh all laid flat on a screed (pre-compacted) and Driveline 50 paving. Could understand if it was on block such as Natrale or Bretts Regatta.
This is happening on first pass so it's not that they are fully compacted. the only way I seem to keep it flat with surface is to put some downward pressure on the handle so its riding more towards the back of the plate but this is a problem when turning near walls etc and not something I feel that should be necessary.

In between my old plate and new one I hired a few machines and had this problem with some particularly 400mm plates, but there was one (a wacker about 15 years old) that glided along the surface and no heavier than wp1550 used it quite a few times and did a fantastic job even worked on clays with no mat, and yes it did compact them properly and sub-base also.
Asked if he would sell but no way even though he is selling his business next year. Maybe I should Hire It and tell him it got nicked from site ha ha.
I got images of whole driveway but not of damages, they have already been changed.
Cheers
Lemoncurd

msh paving
Site Admin

ring wacker and ask to speak to kevin and get him to come out and take a look MSH :)

lemoncurd1702

msh paving wrote:ring wacker and ask to speak to kevin and get him to come out and take a look MSH :)
Thanks Msh.
When I ask for kev. what department is he cos' I'm bound to be asked Kevin Who.
Is he a techie, director, rep?

cheers
Cheers
Lemoncurd

msh paving
Site Admin

they will know who you mean, i have is mobile number if you message me MSH :) :)

lemoncurd1702

Thanks Msh.

I'll call today, if no joy I will take you up on the mobile number.
Cheers
Lemoncurd