Wacker

For the discussion of hand tools, power tools, operated and non-operated plant, and all sorts of kit associated with the paving and drainage trades
Wills gardens

Right so stupidly thought buying from machine mart would be a good idea ??? picked up a evolution petrol wacker for £280, got it home and opened it ans fuelled it, it runs but has no drive :( called them and they tell me they want to send it away before a refund. think not

Anyone know where the cheapest place to buy a belle 320 from? cheapest I have found is £700 new

Pablo

your belt isn't connected from the flywheel to the agitator take the cover off pop it on and off you go.
Can't see it from my house

local patios and driveway

Dont buy belle either. They dont have decent compaction. With the exception of the street plate called xplx or something

Wills gardens

checked the belt and its all there and tight, what would you guys say to get? hired ones have always been nelle thats why i fugred get one?

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

mbw and wacker are both good
really want a 75kg plus one
LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

Wills gardens

main use will be rotivated soil, new build patio bases and some block paved pathways. 50k not be a big enough hitter?

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

not in my opinion
better than nothing though
LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

local patios and driveway

Bomag are the best plate in my eyes, wacker are also good, i have run a benford for the last few years and its a monster.

parishpaver

I bought a Clarke petrol pressure washer from Machine Mart a couple of months ago.... about £450.... after my trusty Karcher finally gave up the ghost..

Not a Honda engine but I thought for the small amount of use it gets it should be fine...not exactly talking new technology here are we?

Anyway...get it to a biggish cleaning block paving job, set it up, oil it up, connect it up and the thing is a pig to start. Then it starts but stalls as soon as there is any load on the engine. Then it runs for a bit dies and refuses to restart. I had an "operative" doing this job for me and as I was busy elsewhere I got my missus to run out and take it back to Machine Mart.
They tried the same tack with her....it needs to be sent away etc. She puffed out her pregnant belly and started a tirade about disgusting customer service and our rights as consumers.

They had her out of the door with a new pressure washer sharpish.

The replacement works a treat.

Carberry

Got the Belle pcx 450, never had any bother with it, starts first time, compacts well. Only downside is it's got a crap turning circle.

DNgroundworks

I have 3 belle plates all good bits of kit, just as good as any other.....

r896neo

+1 for belle, i have the PCX 500 and its great, so much more comfortable to use than any dynapac wacker or mbw i have used. I think its the very good anti-vibe on it.

Would definately recommend.

Carberry

r896neo wrote:+1 for belle, i have the PCX 500 and its great, so much more comfortable to use than any dynapac wacker or mbw i have used. I think its the very good anti-vibe on it.

Would definately recommend.
is it 50 better than my one?
:cool:

Dave_L
Site Admin

Had to hire a plate the other day and what a piece of crap it was to handle compared to our Bomag 18" job, makes you appreciate what we've got. Was plenty powerful enough but you just couldn't handle the thing accurately.
RW Gale Ltd - Civils & Surfacing Contractors based in Somerset

See what we get up to Our Facebook page

r896neo

Don't know carberry? Its a few years old now so the random number letter combo's may have changed. The other big advantage is the fact the handle pivots from the top of the machine meaning you can fold it down and use the frame to turn tightly.