Easy screed/ screeding systems

For the discussion of hand tools, power tools, operated and non-operated plant, and all sorts of kit associated with the paving and drainage trades
r896neo

I'm just wondering if any of you use screed systems, not rails but the actual screeder if thats a word? I sometimes do smaller block paving jobs on my own and screeding 3m bays on your todd is not that fun. Any other options than the probst gear which is pretty spendy.

All feed-back from owners welcome.

haggistini

I screed all the jobs my self but use rails, timber, Ali screeder, 3 sizes of spirit levels, bull float, plastering float, notched timber and I think I'm gonna invest in the paver M8 for slabbing!
http://www.G-Tech.co
Bespoke Paving Contractor
M:07944036174

Less yap yap more tap tap!

matty brock

Ive got a Probust EP sreeder, it ranges from 2.3m to 3m, cost about £650 4 years ago.......worth every penny !
One man can screed while standing. Its no always practical to use (ie srdeeding towards a wall as you need at least 2m clearance behind in which to stand) and I do resort back to an Ali straight edge, have a 4, 4.5 and 5m lengths of them and have also use the spirt levels for small areas, I never use timber for long lengths for obvious reasons. You need another man or 2 standing by with a barrow and shovels moving the excess you remove. All in all great product by expensive, guess it comes down to how much your gonna give it, never regreted buying mine.
Have a look on my site below at the video on the home page, I'm using on there or look here http://www.probst-handling.co.uk/products/paver/epuni.htms.
Cheers, Matty Brock

matty brock

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

depends on the job
ally straight edges, 18mm steel conduit are afavourite of mine
but use a 1200 level and plastic float on small areas
the probst system looks good for commercial stuff and large regular areas,but I would struggle to justify it
if you do more than 10 drives a year it may be worth it
LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

local patios and driveway

They comeup on ebay second hand, i never win them. heard great things

r896neo

I use rails and timber/1800 level at the minute but the fact that it has the 'blade' edge to cut into the rails rather than having to apply downward force to a straight-edge is appealing.

Thanks for all your replies, much appreciated

Dave_L
Site Admin

It's a great tool to watch being used by a person who knows how to use it efficiently.
RW Gale Ltd - Civils & Surfacing Contractors based in Somerset

See what we get up to Our Facebook page