Diamond blades

For the discussion of hand tools, power tools, operated and non-operated plant, and all sorts of kit associated with the paving and drainage trades
wilf

anyone recommend any diamond blades the one I use at the moment was about £35 had it on the still saw for about 18 months still some wear left on the blade but seems to be labouring through indian stone.

cheers wilf

seanandruby
Site Admin

V J Technology are good, concrete, or tarmac blades.
sean

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

18 months!!!
the ones we use we pay £200 for 18 but they last about a month,i know you can pay big money for diamond blades,but if they get a knock they are knackered.
cheers LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

seanandruby
Site Admin

Our stores have 20 a month on continuous order. the amount of cutting is unbelievable. ..manhole rings, floors and concrete piles with 20/40 ml re-bar in them, one probably do a years work ( in comparison to a paver ) in a week. :( :)
sean

118-1187271617

Too right sean, a lot depends on what you're doing with the blade. Too many pipe cuts, too many kerb cuts, too much tarmac, anything in quantity wears it quick, we got a hepworth own brand one free with some pipe once and it was crap...6 cuts on some 6" clay and it was kerknackered.

the ones we use now are winzer worth i think...not sure how dear but they are very quick...and on the floor saw we use an obas blue for hard stuff and an adp tarmac for green concrete when we do the saw cuts...gets a bit confusing cos there's so many on the market...a lot of crap, once you find a good one stick with it.

Jason Herring

I cut a fair bit of Indian Sandstone. I started off with a cheapo 230mm grinder and cheapo blades. Then moved to a decent grinder with quality blades and noticed a huge difference in ease and speed of cutting as well as wear on the blades itself.
Marcrist make a 230mm blade called a BF850 and do a higher priced Mi850.
I've been through two of each this year and a lot of cutting sandstone, limestone and granite with each. The BF850 is much cheaper than the Mi and cuts just a fast and lasts just as long if you're cutting stone. My local builder's merchant is doing them for £50 and I think they are well worth it.

I use it on a metabo grinder and it's a fast as my TS400

bkdavies86

Hi guys,

I am a diamond blader dealer (so to speak) and also have my own brand of blades. I can supply blades which will cut Abrasive, Clay and Concrete products all in one and will last - plus its not the daft £200+ a trade price would be around £75.00

So drop me a line if you want anymore info or a catologue ben@davieshire.co.uk
www.davieshire.co.uk

~ Diamond Blades ~ Plant & Tool Hire ~

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

no disrespect ben but the cheapies do well for general building stuff,the blade i am using at the minute has lasted 2.5 months,so it has well earned its dough
i know the granite lads need special blades ,but its hard for us to warrant it :)
LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

Brerrebate

What about Berner?

I get my blades from them. They seem to last well, and we're often trimming off lumps of blue granite.

Blades are a bit pricey, but have proven far more viable than the ones coming from a local builders merchant.

Pay more, but last much longer and more tolerant of abuse, such as rebar, for example.

Cheers
:)
So much to learn & only one life in which to do it...