Crusher advice - Any recommendations?

For the discussion of hand tools, power tools, operated and non-operated plant, and all sorts of kit associated with the paving and drainage trades
mouldmaker

I'm sure I've read in the past of contractors purchasing crushers.

Any advice, or guides as to where I start looking? Price range, do's, don't's, that kind of stuff? And do they handle steel reinforcing?

Ta!

Tony McC
Site Admin

Dan's the crusher man amongst the Brew Cabin Irregulars, Mike. I think he rates the Red Rhino kit, but it's worth looking at TCP, too (that's TCP the equipment manufacturer, not TCP the throat gargle!)
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

farmerboy

bloody expensive. gotta be going through a lot of type 1 and disposal costs to make it pay in my opinion. if your only doing small work, you'll be forever shifting it from job to job just to make it pay. and dont get me started on that little one with no outgoing conveyor! production rate? did that feature on the design list i wonder. rant over.

farmerboy

that said though, can work out well just to hire for one offs

mouldmaker

Thanks, all.

I'm looking at the possibility of crushing waste/second slabs produced during manufacture, with a view to recycling aggregate.

Bit of a catch 22 though - the target is zero waste, but need a certain amount to make a crusher pay. Ho hum, back to the drawing board.

dig dug dan

hi
Yes I am the one to speak to

no tony, I rate the tcp machine for a number of reasons
red rhino is more of a site crusher.

I too was reluctant about buying as i thought the same thing, output being too slow etc.etc.

I am now in a position where ALL my concrete waste is converted into useful crushed concrete, saving me hundreds of pounds on skips. And the crushed concrete at my local supplier is now road planings, and Crushed concrete has gone up to an all time high cost.

Where abouts are you as you could always hire my machine for a day see how you get on. Or I can put you in touch with my mate at tcp who will give a demo
Dan the Crusher Man
01442 212315
www.crusherhire.co.uk
"a satisfied customer? we should have them stuffed!"

Suggers

We had the Red Rhino lot here, a couple of years back, renting one of the barns for R&D. I used one of the prototypes for a couple of days, and now have massive pile of crushed concrete, bricks, kerbs etc. Finally getting round to using it for patio, driveway and stuff. Worked a treat. It definitely hated reinforcing steel though, in any way. Had to really watch that. They've moved to a posh new factory in Wendover, South Bucks and seem to be doing well by all accounts. Local General Builder has one of the first ones, pemanantly in his yard, still going strong. His is on skids, rather than tracks - never really moves it - harder to nick!!
As everyone's saying, they do seem an awful lot of dosh to buy. Don't know the TCP machine, but Dan's offer sounds good....
Do know the Rhino lot are looking for distribution 'up North, so might be worth giving them a bell.

http://www.redrhinocrushers.com/

Hope this helps.
Mark.
"Meet the new boss - same as the old boss - We all get fooled again"

Tony McC
Site Admin

Dan - I remember now. I spoke to the MD of TCP at SED earlier this year and half-promised to do a proper write-up on the crushers, but, as ever, the summer was incredibly busy and I never got a round tuit. I must give him a call and see if he still wants to co-operate.

dig dug dan

definately tony

They often mention your site to me and cant find the original thread on crushers i started all that time ago.
Since it was you who pushed me into starting my crusher business, i know they are keen for feedback, and recognize this site as being the place visit for information!

I will get round to video on my site soon, but time is precious!
Dan the Crusher Man
01442 212315
www.crusherhire.co.uk

steve r
Site Admin

Had the pleasure of using dans crusher during the summer.
It ate its way through a mountain of bricks, concrete blocks and even a few kerb stones.
Almost the whole lot has been used under the base of two barns.
My only gripe with it is that the hopper is too small to feed with the ditching bucket on my mini digger.
That said I think it may be coming back to Essex to mince up a load of bricks next Summer.

Cheers Dan
Steve Rogers

Tony McC
Site Admin

The original thread got eaten up by the gremlins when I switched from the old Brew Cabin to the new. I'm not sure if it's in the archive or not, but I'll have a look.

dig dug dan

You are quite right steve. It has however been designed to be used with an 18" bucket, rather than a grader, or ditching bucket.
Glad it was of use to you. I thought of you the other day, as I was near you over at Great Baddow.
Look forward to seeing you next year.
Keep searching tony! good luck
Dan the Crusher Man
01442 212315
www.crusherhire.co.uk