Concrete vibration rods! - Small scale use!!

For the discussion of hand tools, power tools, operated and non-operated plant, and all sorts of kit associated with the paving and drainage trades
samantha urbanstone

this may be a ridiculous question but if I dont ask I will never know!
I have a vibration table to compact the concrete in my garden ornaments, however some of the large ones are about 60kg which I can't lift back down off the table myself, being an independent woman this just isnt on! so I need a way to get the air out while it stands on the floor, are those vibration rods really powerfull? would it be a complete overkill?

Tony McC
Site Admin

Vibration rods? Do you mean the vibrating pokers?

There are all sorts of models available, offering various diameter of poker and frequency of vibration. If you were looking to purchase one, I'd suggest contacting one of the manufacturers, such as Wacker or Belle Group, and getting one of their sales bods to visit you, see what it is you're doing, and then recommend the most appropriate model that you could have for a week or two 'on approval'.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

samantha urbanstone

ok vibration pokers!! way to make a girl feel silly Tony!! I'm sure they are called rods in my part of the world anyway!. thanks I will give it a try :p

mouldmaker

Vibratechniques (can be found via google) make a large variety, some of which are air driven.

Also they do a very useful 'stick-on' vibrator, which clamps via vacuum cups onto the outside of your mould.

Maybe a better option is to make a low-level vibrating table? Vib tables are a doddle to build.