Conveyors

For the discussion of hand tools, power tools, operated and non-operated plant, and all sorts of kit associated with the paving and drainage trades
James C

Hi all, just looking for any experience of conveyor systems like the ones in the hire catologues used for removing soil and rubble.
The job i'm pricing involves moving approx 300 ton from a steep back garden in order to form a terrace. I have permission to bring in a digger from field next to the property but not to take spoil out through it.
Dumpers and tracked barrows are out of the question due to the steps at the side of the property and barrowing it out would finish us off!
Can these conveyors cope with continuous loading from a 1.5 or 3 ton digger with the extension sides fitted, they claim to shift around 20 ton per hour.

Any info greatly appreciated. cheers

Tony McC
Site Admin

They work well if set up correctly, but all too often, you spend all of your day adjusting and correcting the set-up because the sections have moved or jammed or stopped, or some pillock has put too much on in one spot.

I'm not sure about 20 tonnes per hour. That may well be achievable in 'test conditions' in a nice, dry, warm laboratory shifting sand or gravel,, but out on site, I'd reckon on nearer 10-12 tonnes per hour, and it's a sure thing that the excavator can work helluva lot faster than the mini-conveyors can carry away the spoil.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

James C

Thanks Tony.