Re sand after pressure wash/1 raised block

All forms of block paving, brick paving, flexible or rigid, concrete or clays, new construction or renovation
carlssonaero

Hi there. I have bought a pressure washer and will use the patio cleaner head to clean our 10 year old block paved drive (Brett Alpha) . I understand I will have to then wait for it to dry and then hopefully the same day add kiln dried sand to top up what will have come out with the moss and weeds etc. the drive is about 10 m by 12 m at its widest so how many 25kg bags of kiln dried sand will I need please to top up the joints please. on a separate note one of the blocks seems slightly raised and rocks a bit Before I pressure wash the drive) . can you tell me how I can easily lower/re bed that one. many thanks all
Julian

RAPressureWashing

carlssonaero wrote:Hi there. I have bought a pressure washer and will use the patio cleaner head to clean our 10 year old block paved drive (Brett Alpha) . I understand I will have to then wait for it to dry and then hopefully the same day add kiln dried sand to top up what will have come out with the moss and weeds etc. the drive is about 10 m by 12 m at its widest so how many 25kg bags of kiln dried sand will I need please to top up the joints please. on a separate note one of the blocks seems slightly raised and rocks a bit Before I pressure wash the drive) . can you tell me how I can easily lower/re bed that one. many thanks all
Calculation to work on for re-sanding block paving after pressure washing is 1 kilo per square metre plus 10%, you'll most probably have some left over, better that then not enough.
Roger Oakley BDA(Europe)Member 2006
R&A Pressure Washing Services Ltd
info@rapressurewashing.co.uk
www.rapressurewashing.co.uk