Paving job!! - Block paving

All forms of block paving, brick paving, flexible or rigid, concrete or clays, new construction or renovation
Bricky

Evening everyone, I’m a time served bricky with 24 years experience, I’ve recently gone self employed and after building a small extension for a client he asked for some garden walls built and a driveway block paved, the paving expert site has been absolutely fantastic to get me through the process of paving, the driveway is slopes towards the house so I’ve installed drain channels in front of all the brickwork to catch the rain water, when I was ready to kiln sand and wacker down I thought great, the weather was dry, the blocks looked dry so I poured the sand over the blocks, brushed all over and started up the wacker with a rubber sheet on it, everything that the website said to do, the hardcore base is at 150mm deep, the grit sand is at 30-50 mm deep and the pavers sat 5mm higher than my edging pavers to compact level, when I started wackering I noticed at the bottom of the slope that water was coming up from under the pavers and wetting the kiln sand, it only happened at the bottom of the slope, the majority of the paving took the compaction well and didn’t show any signs of holding water underneath, I left the wackering for two days and again today tried the bottom of the slope, still wet!!!! Where the car will sit was perfectly dry and sanded up, I’ve spoke to mr McCormack on the phone and he was great, so tomorrow is the test day with the car!!! I’m hoping I’ve done everything right 👍🏻, I’ll post some pictures after work, cheers everyone for reading this, I’ve always liked my job, bricky, and hopefully can add paving to my list of skills, it’ll take years but we’ve gotta start somewhere right!!!

Tony McC
Site Admin

I'm sure you'll be fine - if you have any problems uploading photies, send them to me via brewcabin AT cormaic DOT co DOT uk and I'll get them sorted for you
Site Agent - Pavingexpert