Above ground swimming pool

All forms of block paving, brick paving, flexible or rigid, concrete or clays, new construction or renovation
MaxMacLaren1

Hi, I am hoping to get a Dolce Vita above ground swimming pool for the summer.

There are 2 installation options a) bolt to a 10cm concrete base or b) buy the optional base frame. Option b does not appeal because you will be able to feel it at the bottom of the pool.

Instead of a 10cm concrete base does anyone know if it could be bolted to properly dry laid mono block paving e.g. using 10cm of impacted hardcore.

Many thanks, Max

Details of Dolce Vita Pool
Max

rab1

I'm no expert but monoblock is not ridged. A poured slab of concrete is ridged and as the pool manufacture recommends the ridged option. I would take their advice. Water is heavy and you have no guarantee if you choose another option.
God loves a tryer

seanandruby
Site Admin

I'm with Rab on this.
You would be anchoring to a slab rather than a single block, no guarantees your anchor points won't end up on a paving joint either.
sean

Tony McC
Site Admin

I can't see where on the site the detail for a concrete base is given, biut they do seem exceptionally keen to flog you the base system and have you lay it on some sand.

I'm confident that properly constructed flexible block paving *would* be able to carry the load of the pool, but it may not be suitable for any anchoring that's required to keep the pool structure in place.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

MaxMacLaren1

Thank you for your comments, they are much appreciated.

Max
Max