Circular style block paved driveway - Good idea or not?

All forms of block paving, brick paving, flexible or rigid, concrete or clays, new construction or renovation
jaypee

I'm thinking of having a driveway in block paving. The current driveway is a mix of big heavy flags, crazy paved insert, basic concrete and a lawn.

I don't have much knowledge of block paving but on looking at a brett paving catalogue I saw several circular layouts that cover the whole driveway (not just a circular insert in a normal layout). If I decided I would like the whole driveway to follow a circular layout would it cost significantly more? I guess it would involve a lot more cutting?

Also, would the integrity/strength/movement of holding together be much weaker than a standard block pave layout?

Thanks for any advice.
JP

Tony McC
Site Admin

The answer to all your questions is essential no.

The installation cost should not be significantly different. Ther could be more cutting involved that some orthogonal patterns, but it shouldn't be more than, say 100 quid...depending on the size of the project, of course.

Asa for structural integrity, again, scale is important, but generally speaking, for typical residential driveways, a circular layout provides adequate interlock and none of the continuous straight lines that are a major contributor to instability.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

jaypee

Thanks for your reply Tony. It's good to know that it shouldn't be much more than a standard pattern. I'll see how the quotes go first before deciding.