New driveway - To compact or not

All forms of block paving, brick paving, flexible or rigid, concrete or clays, new construction or renovation
AlexInGlasgow0

Hi
I have taken a few pictures and posted them below.
I have started laying blocks on my driveway after digging out all soil down to clay and laying type 1 to a depth overall to at least 100mm, (thanks to the advice on this great site :)
I have layed approx 24 sq meters and although i like the appearance the blocks are not all at the same level. I have been laying about 3meters at a time and want to make sure before i go any further that they level out when they are compacted. Question is would it be wise to compact the area i have done now or wait until the rest are layed and compact the lot at the same time. I still have another 50 sq meters still to do and i dont' want to have to make any mistakes at this stage.
The compactor i have is a Bomag BP 18/45-2 which weighs 91kg if you look at the bottom of the first photo you will see the compacting pad i will be using when levelling the blocks.
ImageImage
Alex Thomson

MikeG

They do seem like a large depth tolerance between the blocks , they are suitable for screed laying ? I was pricing up for some natural granite driveway blocks the other day and on the technicals they are to rigid lay individualy on mortar ,or similar, levelling as you go.
As long as they are designed to lay the ‘block paving’ way then they should compact down somewhere good enough. Might be worth trying to compact a strip that is retained but keep a good distance away from your laying course.