Regrout needed? please help!

All forms of block paving, brick paving, flexible or rigid, concrete or clays, new construction or renovation
vickyc

Hi,

Bit of a newbie here. I work in a large visitor attraction with huge areas of granite slabbing.

My boss has asked me to look into slurry grouting our massive granite plaza. He thinks it needs to be regrouted but the depth is less that half a centimetre and I am not sure it is worth it?

Can anyone advise on wether we should regrout this right now or wait a few years?

Any advice would be great as I am a bit out of my depth with this!

I can't manage to attach photos onto the post but have put a link.

Thanks
Vicky

Photos here

:)

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

It doesnt look great but could be worse
you would need a minimum of 25mm deep to regrout which would involved grinding out the existing joints to that depth
I would use a 2 part resin mortar to regrout
VDW GFTK 815 or Romex D-1
its bullet proof
cheers LLL :)
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

Tony McC
Site Admin

Vicky,

if you speak to Dave or Gary at NCC Streetscape (01257 266 696) they will be able to advise on which product would best suiot your needs, and how it can best be undertaken. They have extensive knowledge and experience of just this sort of project.

As LLL says, the joints will need to be at least 20mm deep (preferably 25mm or more) but Dave/Gary will be able to advise on how this can be done once they have seen your images.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert