Crack in tarmac

Setts and cobbles, tarmac, asphalt, resin systems, concrete whether it's plain, patterned or stencilled, gravels, etc.
loudog

Hi Guys

I have a crack in a tarmac drive but don't want to have it resurfaced, my plan is to power saw the crack and apply some black mastic, any thoughts much appreciated.

Dave_L
Site Admin

Either that or a bit of liquid bitumen, yep that'll be fine. Anything that seals the water out will be a good thing.
RW Gale Ltd - Civils & Surfacing Contractors based in Somerset

See what we get up to Our Facebook page

Azpects

Did you get that fixed in the end?

As of the end of July, Azpects will be selling a hot asphalt/rubber based filler
http://www.azpects.co.uk/products/easy-4-cracks.aspx

Check out our Video
https://youtu.be/5KPiU982x70

Tony McC
Site Admin

There is a particular company which manufactures/distributes a very effective crack filler and re-sealer for bitmac and, for three of four years, they had a small sponsored feature on the website, mainly because I was so impressed with the product and thought it deserved a wider audience.

But the bloke behind the company is a complete arsehole and every quarter he'd refuse to cough up what was agreed on the grounds that I couldn't tell him preceisely how many sales were a direct result of his featurette on the website. I have no way of knowing that: I could tell him how many clickthroughs he received, but once the user was on his site, I couldn't say whether it generated a sale or not.

This circus went on, quarter after quarter, for years but I eventually ran out of patience with him earlier this year when he owed for four quarters and started arguing the toss yet again, so I removed his feature.

I'm annoyed that I had to do that. It's a genuinely good product. There is a genuine need for it. It's phenomenally popular in the States and just needs to be better known over here, but because your man couldn't stop himself being an arse for 10 mins or so every three months, long enough to pay a small bill, there's no longer any mention of it other than some bland words about this type of product being available if you look hard enough.

Sad, innit, that good informastion is removed simply because one party won't keep up their end of an agreement, but why should that company get free promotion on the site when all the others chuck in towards the site's running costs?
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

Azpects

Tony McC wrote:There is a particular company which manufactures/distributes a very effective crack filler and re-sealer for bitmac and, for three of four years, they had a small sponsored feature on the website, mainly because I was so impressed with the product and thought it deserved a wider audience.

But the bloke behind the company is a complete arsehole and every quarter he'd refuse to cough up what was agreed on the grounds that I couldn't tell him preceisely how many sales were a direct result of his featurette on the website. I have no way of knowing that: I could tell him how many clickthroughs he received, but once the user was on his site, I couldn't say whether it generated a sale or not.

This circus went on, quarter after quarter, for years but I eventually ran out of patience with him earlier this year when he owed for four quarters and started arguing the toss yet again, so I removed his feature.

I'm annoyed that I had to do that. It's a genuinely good product. There is a genuine need for it. It's phenomenally popular in the States and just needs to be better known over here, but because your man couldn't stop himself being an arse for 10 mins or so every three months, long enough to pay a small bill, there's no longer any mention of it other than some bland words about this type of product being available if you look hard enough.

Sad, innit, that good informastion is removed simply because one party won't keep up their end of an agreement, but why should that company get free promotion on the site when all the others chuck in towards the site's running costs?
Funny you mention that Tony because we ourselves are launching a similar product to that in the next couple of weeks

http://www.azpects.co.uk/products/easy-4-cracks.aspx

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

what I would like is a bagged bitmac that actually holds together,I have used loads of the cold stuff that claims all sorts of wondrous things but none of it really delivers
LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

Tony McC
Site Admin

It's got better over the years, but it's still nowhere near as good as hot-laid, and this is all down to the limitations of the doping oils used to retard the bitumen-based binder.

Which is why the high-spec repair macadams being used by highway authorities up and down the country are now mostly based on a resin binder, albeit one that's coloured black to make it look like bitumen.

The resins offer a predictable and guaranteed performance. They don't soften when we get the annual 'hot day'; they are less prone to crumbling at feathered edges; they don't channelise; they stick like the proverbial to a properly prepared base......but they are relatively expensive, which is, perhaps, the main reason for their use being largely limited (for now, at least) to urgent, major highway repairs. The adjacent footpaths are still being patched with bog-standard cut-back 'mac!
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

loudog

Hi Sorry late reply, I use colas cold joint sealer with the KDS sand mixed in to give it a bit of bite and it seems to have work so far so time will tell. Many thanks