Edging linear drain channel

All forms of block paving, brick paving, flexible or rigid, concrete or clays, new construction or renovation
mosquat

Hello all,

I posted back in march and the advice given was to introduce a drainage channel that runs alongside my house.

I just wondered how you place the edging blocks alongside the channel drains...given that it would be difficult to haunch on the outer edge as this is obviously a brick wall.

The same question applies to the opposite side of the project - this too will be a brick wall for most of the project which means I can only haunch the edging on the 'inner' side...re-reading the articles on haunching it states that its better to haunch on the outer side leaving the inner side free to lay the blocks.

Many thanks for any advice

Carl

seanandruby
Site Admin

Stay away from the wall by anout 10ml, never butt up to it as the wall could be out and your channel will also kick out. You can lay along the wall first if you want. The 10 ml + gap i usually fill with a dry pack sand and cement mix to about keeping it about 25ml low, then point the last bit up with slightly wetter mix.
sean

mosquat

Thanks very much, unfortunately I will probably have many more questions over the next few weeks

mosquat

Thinking that the last part you recommend pointing should have a slight fall back to the channel away from the wall

seanandruby
Site Admin

Yes.
sean