Driveway problem

All forms of block paving, brick paving, flexible or rigid, concrete or clays, new construction or renovation
ilovesettsonmondays

Hi ,got a driveway to do , but the way the levels are on it ,it can only be laid with act drains against the house ,but because of shared driveway next to it ,they would have to be laid 50 mm below the damp . The drive is quite steep too . Any advice would be appreciated

seanandruby
Site Admin

ilovesettsonmondays wrote:Hi ,got a driveway to do , but the way the levels are on it ,it can only be laid with act drains against the house ,but because of shared driveway next to it ,they would have to be laid 50 mm below the damp . The drive is quite steep too . Any advice would be appreciated

read this
50 ml is going to be tight.
sean

lemoncurd1702

Could you install the channels a distance off the wall to create a decent fall away from the house or fill the gap with gravel.
Can it not be independent of adjoining drive, even if it's just the area near the house.
Cheers
Lemoncurd

ilovesettsonmondays

lemoncurd1702 wrote:Could you install the channels a distance off the wall to create a decent fall away from the house or fill the gap with gravel.
Can it not be independent of adjoining drive, even if it's just the area near the house.
No it's got to tie into shared drive which has been laid high up the damp . I think I've got my head round it . I'm thinking drop the aco Tomas much as I can push it 120mm max and twist edge bricks up say 200mm from house and shared drive bit or maybe lay a few key kerbs on shared drive side and drop drive in that bit 60mm down face of them . Problem I have then is I would have to step soldiers in at that point which will look odd . Next door have had theirs done and acos are 50 mm from damp but I'm worried in case we ever get really heavy rain and it goes straight over acos

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

Building control in Luton accept aco type drains 75 mm down if lead is installed behind them and 150mm higher,
pita but a workaround
LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE