Re-sanding

All forms of block paving, brick paving, flexible or rigid, concrete or clays, new construction or renovation
BeeJay

Hi all, newbie here.

First of all I just happened upon the Paving Expert website & what a mine of info. So my query, I've read about the sealing of block paving & the work to be done prior, but blow me, I can't find it again. So, having got rid of all the detritus etc using the tool for the job ie wire brush, I want to re-sand the joints & then seal etc.
But after re-sanding & when applying the sealant be it with spray, brush or roller, surely it will lift a lot of the sand out of the joints as it's worked in, thereby defeating the object!
Thanks in anticipation & in the meantime, I'll try to find that particular page again.

BeeJay

ResiblockBoss

Firstly ensure all of the sand is swept to the bottom of the chamfers. Provided you use a roller with the correct pile length (if not one of our own then a good quality medium pile should do it) you will find that there will not be any sand plucked from the joints and put back on the surface. Scrupulous removal of the Kiln Dried Sand from the surface is the key here - professional Resiblock contractors often use a garden leaf vac (set to blow) and hold it parallel to the surface.
Craig
ResiblockBoss

seanandruby
Site Admin

sean

BeeJay

Hi Sean & Craig, thanks for the info link & advice,
which is duly noted.

BeeJay