Low cost driveway solution - Trying to alter driveway

Setts and cobbles, tarmac, asphalt, resin systems, concrete whether it's plain, patterned or stencilled, gravels, etc.
Engnd25

First post here guys but regularly use the site for methods. I am a diyer and have used this site for my slabbed path and gravelled area in the front garden.

I am now trying to temporarily sort the driveway. There is a steep drive which is concrete with a path block paved. To keep my car on the flat I have blended the ground to allow safe access which is only safe in the summer. I need to be able to keep my car in this flat in winter.

I was thinking of having 2 lines of slabs and grading them down into the current driveway. And then gravel in between and at the sides.

I am reluctant to get it all done completely due to other work on the house which may damage it.

Pics below and any advice/ideas welcome!!!
[IMG]http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums....MG]
[IMG]http://i1147.photobucket.com/albums....MG]

Tony McC
Site Admin

Gravel will head off down the slope. The cheapest option is plain concrete - it can be broken out and binned when you are ready to upgrade to a permanent, attractive surface.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

Engnd25

Thank Tony.

Yes i guess plain concrete would be the cheapest. And could possibly lay straight onto the sub grade. Obviously doesn't look as good but not too worries about that atm as we already have a half concrete drive.

I would need planning permission I am guessing though...?

Dave_L
Site Admin

Try and throw the rainwater runoff into a garden or border area and no PP required.
RW Gale Ltd - Civils & Surfacing Contractors based in Somerset

See what we get up to Our Facebook page

seanandruby
Site Admin

I'd be inclined to get the subase ready and ramp it at threshold etc: and leave it until you can crack on with your finish.
sean

Engnd25

Thanks guys.

So dig it out now and get the sub base in and leave it 100mm or so under until I get the finish decided?

Engnd25

Possible u-turn on the idea guys!
Thinking of maybe getting the whole lot done... Possibly block paving or something else suitable for a sloped drive?

What do you guys recommend? And cost wise?