Base and fill - Joining extension to existing drive

Setts and cobbles, tarmac, asphalt, resin systems, concrete whether it's plain, patterned or stencilled, gravels, etc.
Gazza

Finally finished with the excavation lots of tree stumps and vegetation out - the pics show the edge of the existing driveway - looks like a fair amount of haunching to the edges and I wanted to avoid the costs of disposing of the concrete and bitmac & starting afresh

so - the plan is :

1: Chisel the edgings out at the point where they meet the concrete leaving a 2" drop all around

2: Bring levels up on the extension and compact with Type 1 for the sub base (think I may need a capping layer first - any recommendation?)

3: Fill with material up to 32mm of the tarmac on those parts where no new edge is required (hope you understood that!)

4: I'm currently investigating whether to use aco ground guard mats for the last 32mm filled with 10mm gravel to bring it flush
or something else as I don't think resin bound will go onto Type1 ?

5: Use Resin bound gravel to bridge across the existing drive to the new bit (looking into some kind of matting to reinforce that bridge but haven't found a supplier yet)

Questions;

Do I need to do anything special when putting type 1 layers over the concrete haunching (which has a radius)- would I be better off squaring off the concrete using SBR add for adhesion and the type 1 next to it?

I have chosen charcoal small pavers to give new edging - these are fine where the new ground is as I will just bed into a mortar mix but there are sections where I need to follow the existing drive profile - again the existing edge will be chiselled out - but that presents a problem getting the new pavers in to the old edge position - the pavers are 125 deep - I will have 50mm from removing the old edging + 12mm to add to the new surface height once the RB is down - should I cut the concrete haunching down 100mm or reduce the paver profile / shape to suit sitting on top of the concrete profile ?