Mains cable

All forms of block paving, brick paving, flexible or rigid, concrete or clays, new construction or renovation
scud1365uk

On digging out a foundation trench for a 9 inch retaining wall , I have unearthed the mains cable for my house. Unfortunately it runs all the way along the proposed wall. I thought of cutting a peice of drainpipe legnthways so that I can slot it over the cable and then lay the foundation on top. Would this be ok or will i be infringing some rule? The only other alternative involves digging up an existing path to move the cable over and I had hoped not to have to do this.......thanks

84-1093879891

Is this the service cable connecting your house to the main under the public footpath? If so, you really need to speak with your local Lecky Board. I know some of the "Utility Cos" would allow you to use a split duct, but others would insist on the cable being re-aligned so that it's not underneath any foundation. They should be able to give you this info over the 'phone on Monday morning.

However, if it's an extension cable from the house to the shed/garage/greenhouse etc, then you could use a split duct, as it's your responsibility, not the Lecky Board.