Product trials - Contractors needed

Important messages and announcements regarding the day-to-day running of The Brew Cabin. Only the Site Agent and approved Gangers are allowed to post here. Questions are NOT to be posted here.
Tony McC
Site Admin

As some of you know, I occasionally try out new(ish) products on behalf of manufacturers. Last month, KGC Paving helped out with an installation of a new format of recess tray from Clark-Drain that will be in the BMs any day now. Previously, we've done linear channels, resin bound paving, an exposed agg retarder, a block from Belgiumland...the list goes on.

Anyway, more and more manufacturers are keen to avail themselves of this service, as they get "honest" feedback on the pros and cons of the products intead of the usual scared-of-saying-owt-wrong kowtowing that they tend to get from their own pet contractors and development staff. Also, they get the keen critical eye of meself - whether they like it or not!

There's a dozen or so products lined up for the early part of the coming silly season: some of them are drop dead delicious and I can't wait to be able to reveal all to yous, while some are just plain bloody stupid, but until the manufacturer witnesses for themselves just how stupid, they'll carry on in blissful ignorance.

The deal is, as ever, that you will get the product (and plenty of it) supplied for nowt as long as we can witness the installation (or part of the installation), take a few photies, and get some comment from you about what you think. Obviously, you need to be certain your client is happy with me turning up to take photies that might, possibly, end up on this website or in the publicity material of the manufacturer, but we try to "anonymise" the house/office/shop so that it could be "anywhere" - we're primarily interested in the product, not the location.

There's a couple of products where I need potential real life installations as quickly as possible, as the manufacturers are keen to get some publicity out before the new season really gets going. If you can help with any of the following, let me know....

CarpetStones - MUST be genuine Bradstone CarpetStones, not the sort of job where they want a cheap'n'nasty copy

Polymeric Jointing Material - ideally an installation of setts, but will also consider flags

Any block paving - looking to use a new screed tool that will be slow at first but should prove to be quicker once youre familiar with it - ONLY suitable for jobs with a paving width in excess of 4m, and preferaby a commercial project.

...anywhere within 50 miles of Warrington would be ideal, but I'll honestly consider anywhere if the job is right, and I'll try to give preference to those contractors that haven't been used before - that way, everyone gets a slice of the action. However, I know that some of our regulars will volunteer, and they will be considered.

This scheme costs you NOWT - in fact, it puts bobs in your pocket because you can charge your client the going rate for materials that you got buckshee. It could also get you a bit of free publicity on this website, and possiby from the manufacturer. You've nothing to lose - contact me today! (well, not today actually, coz I'm sat in a Notel room in Dublin at the mo' and can't get into my emails, for some reason,although I *can* access the web) I'm back in Eng-er-land next Wednesday, so don't panic if you don't hear from me before then.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

Tony McC
Site Admin

Latest additions to Product Trials....

Aluminium edging system
suitable for use with any hard or soft landscaping scheme where a light duty restraining edge is required (so NOT block paving!). Ideal for bitmac, bark, lawn edges, resin bonded/bound, etc.

Aco Linear Drain Channel
New version of the ever-popular DriveDrain. 6 linear metres plus corner units available for instalklation on any driveway or patio project within 40 miles of Warrington.

If you're interested, give me a shout.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert