Stuck at home - bored

General banter, tradesmen, recommendations and warnings, surplus materials, humour and owt else!
Bob_A

Impressive, glad it's working out ok :)

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

wario 75kg ok just give it lots of passes
just avoid the little 30 kg jobbys
LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

Shedlord10

Retired. ( Sean Brummie )
Put all my money into van & stock, was doing great at markets etc: great on ebay.
Now it's all gone tits up because of the plaque. But look on the
bright side...i have a tent for when i get turfed out.
Keep smiling lads.
Nice to see some of the old timers coming back here, me to as i was unable to access this site for ages, The gaffer helped me get back. Hòpe everyone well and coping.
Shedshop10

Dave_L
Site Admin

bobbi o wrote:New Paver ?
No, thankfully it survived the fire. just some singed seat fabric.
RW Gale Ltd - Civils & Surfacing Contractors based in Somerset

See what we get up to Our Facebook page

jwill

Just ordered an aldi wacker last week. Don't laugh but for about 290 inc VAT delivered to my door with 3 yr warranty I couldn't say no. Not expecting miracles and not doing driveways

wario

Just ordered the Aldi Sheppach. 60kg so a bit light but it’s for a patio and have all the time I need to Wack each layer. Cheers for the tip.

Dave_L
Site Admin

Just hearing on the news that there is to be another 3 - 6 months of this restricted movement/lockdown - quite how we are all going to survive this mentally and financially is quite worrying indeed........
RW Gale Ltd - Civils & Surfacing Contractors based in Somerset

See what we get up to Our Facebook page

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

£290 for a wacker is well cheap if it did 5-6 patios its paid for itself
I could see a lot of small businesses going pop Dave
LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

Tony McC
Site Admin

60kg is borderline tolerable for patio work, as long as you spend plenty time doing the essential consolidation work and not simply assume two-or-three passes will be fine.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

wario

Time is not a worry at the moment. I’ll be doing a fair few passes that’s for sure.
Amazing how they can make this machine for under £300.
Not something I would expect a pro to use but I just bought for my own patio.

jwill

Mine was delivered this morning will save setting it up for another day of lockdown

michaelthegardener

Dam dave thats bad at least they paid out i suppose been a mad year for me to nothing mega bad but load of tooth problems 6 fillings an an infection an i only went for a check up then had the flu end of jan that seams to have been very similar to this virus :rock: then got over that an went to go to devon for a week an the engine kind of blew up i the van :p 7 hours to get home by the AA then we went with my parents cos there was room where we were staying an i aint got a car :D so i bought a renault trafic for 1600 with 162k on the clock to last a month ( 300 a week to hire !) but im still driving it cos they have had parts supply problems and have now shut down for now ! plus side of that is no bugger can give me crap for going out and working as i can within the rules on my maintenance because the vans plain ! had alot of dirty looks an one neighbour told me i shouldnt be working but after the most polite disagreement buggered off back inside and left me to it ! its the hypocrisy that gets me though people can buy all manner of crap online an think nothing of the poor sods order picking and delivering but i turn up an mow a lawn for an OAP who cant with no contact at all an im spreading death i dont wanna be out but the grass is growing an my customers are either OAPS or key workers ! still im not as busy an i dont care right now

dig dug dan

Gosh michael. That's been a lot going on. I am with you, we can carry on and really, we need to. The more that can work safe the better, its adding to the economy. You are not doing anything wrong there mate!
Spoke to my mate in the fire brigade today, hes been told at a meeting that prepare for the lock down to be lifted around 14th April. Apparently the government have done some maths and have realised they cant afford it much after that! How true this is remains to be seen!
One woman the other day in a supermarket queue reckoned two years!
Dan the Crusher Man
01442 212315
www.crusherhire.co.uk
"a satisfied customer? we should have them stuffed!"

michaelthegardener

yes alot going on nearly went for a van on contract hire dam glad i didnt now ! yeah im not as busy as usual i think people think i cant work to be honest but its still early in the season to so maybe just that problem with all this is its not clearly reported in the media my local BBC keep saying only essential travel like for food or if you are a key worker then they had a bit on friday morning about all the business now doing delivery on crap you dont need ! how they dont see the mixed messages i dont know ! My sister works in the hospital and she seams to think the social distance part of all this may go on until September as for the lockdown she dosnt know but cant see it being over this month myself !

wario

jwill wrote:Mine was delivered this morning will save setting it up for another day of lockdown
Gave mine a quick ten minute blast. Fairly impressive bit of kit for under £300.