What do you do outside of work as a hobby etc? - What do you fill your spare time with?

General banter, tradesmen, recommendations and warnings, surplus materials, humour and owt else!
Bob_A

cookiewales wrote:Back coaching rugby Ieuan is in the under 8 and now unprofessional drinker been dry 18 months now ps was not a alky :p happy days cookie 🍪
You've not been on here for a while Cookie, are you still working?

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

how you finding it being dry Cookie?
I rarely drink more than 7 pints now usually 5 if I go out for a social, A couple of good mates have knocked it on the head completely and as yourself no alkys but just finding life easier without it :)
cheers LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

Forestboy1978

drinking, unsociably. Easily do a bottle of port on a school night and regularly do. Occasionally drink socially but always ends up a bender so try to avoid the trauma.

Keeping the wife happy i.e whatever she wants. Quite like not having to think so that works out OK.

Used to be a professionally hydroponicist but got caught. Really miss building my own rigs etc. Might go back to it and grow chillies or something. I do like curry.

Would like to get back into physical training but I'm all or nothing and 60 hours a week on my business doesn't allow a full training schedule so sod it.

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

the secret garden eh Forest? a good few of my pals have had a dabble and all eventually got a visit, as the old saying grows,its a great life,till they catch ya :laugh:
LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

cookiewales

Bob_A wrote:
cookiewales wrote:Back coaching rugby Ieuan is in the under 8 and now unprofessional drinker been dry 18 months now ps was not a alky :p happy days cookie 🍪

Been on a long term project 3 years had a cardiac arrest in December got defibrerater fitted all good now .looking for local work york May go back to bricklaying bit easier than setts 😂🤣😂 heart is all good touch wood have been looking in brew cabin but wouldn’t let me sign in and no problem 🤪
Originalstonepaving.com

The very best in natural stone paving in new and reclaimed materials
M: 07968 582231

Forestboy1978

lutonlagerlout wrote:the secret garden eh Forest? a good few of my pals have had a dabble and all eventually got a visit, as the old saying grows,its a great life,till they catch ya :laugh:
LLL

It's not all it's cracked up to be Tony. I'm a lot happier fencing and doing tree work full time.

I do miss the meticulousness of it and build and design process though but nothing else.

Bob_A

cookiewales wrote:
Bob_A wrote:

Been on a long term project 3 years had a cardiac arrest in December got defibrerater fitted all good now .looking for local work york May go back to bricklaying bit easier than setts 😂🤣😂 heart is all good touch wood have been looking in brew cabin but wouldn’t let me sign in and no problem 🤪
Glad to hear you're on the mend. :)

cookiewales

Bob_A wrote:

Yes sorry for late reply for some unknown reason I can’t log on and then hey ho back on am looking at do a bit in York and get my bricklaying trowel out :p
Originalstonepaving.com

cookiewales

lutonlagerlout wrote:how you finding it being dry Cookie?
I rarely drink more than 7 pints now usually 5 if I go out for a social, A couple of good mates have knocked it on the head completely and as yourself no alkys but just finding life easier without it :)
cheers LLL
Hi tony it’s good thanks find it very easy :p
Originalstonepaving.com

TheVictorianCobbleCo

Work mainly as an artist, living in Eindhoven now, play a Telecaster and Washburn semi acoustic, and a 75 Ibanez 12 string Concord, with Fender gear, sing to myself and whoever else will listen, enjoy cooking. See my paintings on FB, easier.
W.G.Carter-Smith
http//:victoriancobbles.co.za

Tony McC
Site Admin

I wish I had found time to meet up with you when I was in SA a couple of years back.....next time, eh?
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

rab1

Mrs on horse. Mollie (GSD) and me on foot patrol, there's nothing like a 5 mile hack/pack walk and sausages afterwards.
God loves a tryer

TheVictorianCobbleCo

Tony McC wrote:I wish I had found time to meet up with you when I was in SA a couple of years back.....next time, eh?
Hi Tony, I'm based in The Netherlands now, and pop over to the UK about every 3 months. Depending on where you are I will buy u a beer next time, will let you know.
W.G.Carter-Smith
http//:victoriancobbles.co.za

Tony McC
Site Admin

Yes! Please do!
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

Dave_L
Site Admin

I collect vintage stationary engines - up to about 25 in number now.

It's a bit addictive! But got some lovely engines ready to run and display, but now we're saddled with this Chinese Flu, everything is cancelled which is very very annoying.

Here is my super-rare Gardner 4VT 2 Stroke Semi-Diesel

My equally as rare 1923 Petter HS12 Portable radiator cooled Semi-Diesel

Very pretty Jaeger 3 1/2HP hit and miss open crank engine

A 3HP Petter AppleTop engine

And just a few in the store!

RW Gale Ltd - Civils & Surfacing Contractors based in Somerset

See what we get up to Our Facebook page