State of the economy - Good or poor?

General banter, tradesmen, recommendations and warnings, surplus materials, humour and owt else!
Dave_L
Site Admin

What a contrast to what we were talking about in January................did we ever think we'd be in this position?? Never. Sad times but things will bounce back I'm confident of that.
RW Gale Ltd - Civils & Surfacing Contractors based in Somerset

See what we get up to Our Facebook page

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

Hi Dave
well either they will or they wont thats for sure
cheers LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

Tony McC
Site Admin

Far too many contractors still live 'hand-to-mouth', relying on this week's job to pay for next week's shopping and rent/mortgage.

I know how it is: I was like that when I first started out but had it drummed into me by my owld fellah the importance of having a reserve, a back-up, a Plan B. He always banged on about the winter of 1963 when the building trade was stopped for 10-12 weeks (or, at least, groundworks was) and he'd had to resort to chopping up his shuttering timbers to sell for firewood to keep us, his family, fed and housed. I always thought he was 'droning on' but it did rub-off on me and I always aimed to have at least a month's wages tucked away to tie me over.

Many will, as LLL says, fold, and it will take too many good with the bad, but we will recover....and some of those that went bump will return, too, but we have to learn from this....you never know what's going to happen next!
Site Agent - Pavingexpert