Good morning!

General banter, tradesmen, recommendations and warnings, surplus materials, humour and owt else!
orbit500

Yes it’s 330am. The reason for me not sleeping is my patio installer. I’m about 65m2 into a 200m2 job and we’re not going well. Sandstone in SL6.
I’ve got several lipped flags, some saw overcuts, chipped edges, wrong colour grout (luckily i spotted after 15m2) and using geofix instead of GPM as agreed, paved my shed doors in(!).
His reaction was to blame me. Might be a millimetre out but nothing wrong, they were perfect when I laid them must have been walked on, apparently. Maybe he didn’t notice I’m in a wheelchair? Basically every excuse.
He’s also attempting to curve 900x600s around a 2m radius and I just don’t trust him to cut up to free form pool copings either.
Is this the forum to ask for a professional with pride in work to sort this for me? I need the faults remedied and job finished.
I’ll indemnify against faults with slabs,bricks already laid.

Tony McC
Site Admin

You can ask, by all means, but whether you get any offers is debatable. Professionals really, *really* don't like making good cowboy bodges,

Your best option is probably to list all the issues in writing and ask this clown to fix them or to leave the siute without payment. If there's any trouble, mention the magic words "Trading Standards" and consider getting legal advice.

Sorry to hear you've had such a negative experience - this is a huge part of the reason why this website exists: to shine a spotlight of bad practice and make it harder for the cowboys and charlatans to keep getting away with besmirching our trade.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

orbit500

Thanks Tony.
As a reference, for sawn sandstone, what tolerances for install are acceptable?
5mm grout line +-1mm?
level of each slab to next by +-1mm ?
sawn straight line deviation +-2mm?
Are each of these what you’d state as reasonable?

Yes, this site helped me way back in 2007 when we block paved a massive driveway. I was able to check the spec and progress, the contractor knew I knew!

Tony McC
Site Admin

You're there or thereabouts with those figures.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert