Frustrated landscaper complains - Falling on deaf ears - complaining

General banter, tradesmen, recommendations and warnings, surplus materials, humour and owt else!
CraigsList

I'm a newbie, what a great site...anyways.

I am researching Sika Pavefix product fail and am slightly frustrated. I reported a product fail to Sika on 2 patios, which have gone soft over a short period. Sika sent out a rep, took samples. Cut a long story short, they deny product fail and claim depth was wrong, product was dirty, patio has a wet base, amongst other things. I have disagreed and know the depths, the base is not wet and when removing the product photographed the depth and it is clearly more than they state. I complained and the rep said she would arrange some product as a goodwill gesture. I refused, it's cost me time and money to make good. I was told to write to the technical team, which I did and they sent back a letter with the same information - its not their fault!

So, thats the history. My question is what do I do now? I can see many people having issues with the same product. Has anyone actually successfully complained to the company? Does anyone take a log of the batch numbers when working on a job? I did not have the packaging once the job was complete.

Ive sent them pictures they state they could be from another job. I have videoed the product coming up, and found a similar story on Youtube.

Do I push Sika and claim costs.....just a bit miffed and frustrated. Would be grateful to hear your thoughts?
Thanks
Craigs List is never complete :)

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

I had the same experience with geo-shit over 12 years ago
they pulled every stroke in the book to worm out of it
if you go to their instructions it is nigh impossible to install

I would move on as it is just aggro
and start using 2 part resin mortars

All of the polymerics are worthless IMHO
they look great for 3 months then go black and start to degrade

GFTK 815 is a great product for MOST patios as is romex D1

I will never use a Polymeric again

cheers and good luck

LLL :)
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

Tony McC
Site Admin

Unfortunately, for a company with such a recognisable name and such a high level of brand awareness in the building trade, PaveFix is nothing short of a fecking embarrassment.

And despite being well aware of this, the company continues to churn it out and come up with a milion and one reasons why this crap is not crap, and why any failure is all the fault of the poor sod who foolishly trusted the Sika brand.

I find it verty, very disappointing that a company of such stature not only produces such as waste of good sand, but then compouinds their sin by refusing to provide a proper and worthwhile technical back-up to disappointed customers.

When I run the 'Improving Your Business' courses for contractors, I tell them repeatedly that none of us get everything right all the time. Even the best of us cock -it up from time to time, but the good contractor puts up their hand, admits the error and sets about putting it right as quickly as possible with minimum inconcvenience for the customer. This strategy pays off: all the customer can do then is brag to friends and family (future customers) about how the contractor fixed everything with so much as a grumble. What was a negative becomes a positive.

With Sika Pave Fix, the company just slathers on the bullshit. And that's why more and more of us are not bothering with other, perfectly adequate Sika products. If they will not honour their responsibilitries with PaveFix, what's to stop them doing the same with their adhesives and retarders and waterproofers?
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

their waterproofer is horrendously priced and for some reason the plasterers hate it
but as you say brand awareness
LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

CraigsList

Thanks for the replies :) I am considering small claims court, I do wonder if anyone else would like to join me...shocking for such a large company.

Agree that me putting the jobs right have only helped my business, just its me out of pocket because of the crap product!! Frustrated and not really wanting to let it drop!
Craigs List is never complete :)