Extra works variation document

General banter, tradesmen, recommendations and warnings, surplus materials, humour and owt else!
exoticpete

Hi all, enough is enough tired of clients changing there minds on designs and quotes once works have begun and then the classic 'we can sort it all at the end' does anyone have a variation document they use i could use/ pinch thanks in advance.

Seem to be an increasing amount of people wanting something for nothing.

Cheers peter
I wish i worked outside...

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

I usually email an "extras,additions or unforeseen"email on a weekly basis.
On our quotes now we always stipulate "subject to local authority approval " and explain that although it would be nice none of us have X-Ray vision,so if we find something we notify the client and charge it as an unforseen
you get good clients and bad ones in this respect,but generally I explain that the quote is as accurate as possible but they should have a 10% contingency in place before work starts

cheers LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

Tony McC
Site Admin

It's just a simple sentence/clause along the lines of.....

Our quotation is based on the design drawings and specification. Any amendment, change, variation, addition or unforeseen work not listed in the quotation may be chargeable. You will be notified in writing of any variation that will incur additional costs. We endeavour to keep any such costs to a minimum but cannot be expected to undertake at no cost any additional work or provide materials, plant and labour over and above that stated in the quotation.

....I think that is more or less verbatim what we used to put on our residential quotes.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

exoticpete

Thanks Tony & Tony just seems to be happening more and more sign of things to come ....!
I wish i worked outside...

DNgroundworks

how do you mean? Economic armageddon around the back end of 2018? :p