Dowsing

General banter, tradesmen, recommendations and warnings, surplus materials, humour and owt else!
DNgroundworks

Hiya Fellas, been a while!

Was working at a house a couple of years ago and i was struggling to find a drain run, Anyway the owner, an electrician and generally competent diy'er came out and said why don't you try dowsing.

I laughed, as you would, and he went off and returned with 2 pieces of heavy copper earth wire bent at 90 deg angles, he talked me through how to do it, and i set off across the garden.

It bloody worked, i was amazed, and he looked at me oddly, wondering why i doubted him. lol.

Anyway did it the other day looking for a water main in my mate with the horses paddock, found the pipe. WTF?

The rods move either towards or away from you and when you are directly over the pipe they are one over the top of the other, if you catch my drift.

Anyone done it?

Have i gone daft?

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

seen it done by a digger driver looking for a water main
we marked the path of the main then dug well away from it
splash he hit the water main 5 metres away

"there must be 2 mains ! he roared

luckily he had a main repair kit in his lorry, I wonder why? haha

for me its not accurate enough to use,i have seen it work and seen it not work

LLL :)
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

Tony McC
Site Admin

I did Earth Sciences with the Open Uni back in the 80s and part of a field trip was to identify a fault line that was known to run across a very large field on the outskirts of Nottingham.

We had access to a magnetometer, to ground-penetrating radar, and, as an alleged control, some dowsing rods.

Long story short.....guess which proved most successful in terms of accuracy? The dowsing rods.

Didn't work for everyone - they certainly didn't work for me - but it was pretty impactful for a group of would-be hard-nosed scientific-types to see this unexplainable mystical mumbo-jumbo work, and work damned well, right before our own eyes.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert