Bit of bad news today

General banter, tradesmen, recommendations and warnings, surplus materials, humour and owt else!
Forestboy1978

Ultrasound guy said I have a degenerative shoulder joint and arthritis...and some other big words I can't remember. Gotta go back to the physio

It's my left, my dominant, so obviously caused by work.

Game over or what??

Pretty pissed cos I was told when I had spinal surgery, no you need to take it easy blah blah and I'm in ok shape but arthritis is arthritis no?

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

what age are you Andres?
a lifelong fencer I know same ages with me at 48 has had ops on both shoulders (rotator cuff rings a bell)
the thing is we all have to listen to our bodies
at some point we have to pass the torch to the younger generation,the key thing is getting them trained up before you are too physically knackered :-)
hope it works out for you
cheers
LLL :)
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

Forestboy1978

I'm only 38 Tony

I find it so hard to ask people to do things though when I'm not getting stuck in myself.

And yeah it's the rotator cuff...

I plan on taking on someone else next spring cos biz is good but just lately no calls. Got work booked for 1 month ahead, some in Jan and spring but that's it ATM.

Forestboy1978

Coincidently the neighbour of a reg customer I was working for today, his wife has just had shoulder surgery and they cut the arthritis out. So it's not the end of the world but would be silly to go back doing the same thing again that caused it. OR, I tolerate it, keep on keeping on, cut it out, wreck it again, and then replace it? Dicey road I know but I CANNOT end up in an office...