Non paying customer

General banter, tradesmen, recommendations and warnings, surplus materials, humour and owt else!
Forestboy1978

Did a fence and gates a while back.

Was a nightmare cos unbeknownst to me the gate post positioning was in the middle of a soakaway so I had to dig for hours as the sides kept falling in the hole I was digging which left cavities under the driveway so I then had to back fill with concrete whilst praying this new driveway didnt collapse.

Then the neighbours called the police cos they didn't like the positioning of the end post and I had the whole pikey family around. Thank fully they were very nice to me, they could see I was just doing my job but hated their neighbours, my customer. So... 2 hrs

Also, the gates only opened 90 degrees so I had to procure new blocks for the block paving that had been drilled which was a nightmare as they were typically some weird blocks that no one uses and then drill diagonally through the posts to get them to open beyond 90 which was also a nightmare to get lined up. Also I had to fit the drops bolts into the drainage gulley.

Materials were on the credit card forever cos also the supplier was 2 weeks behind schedule on gates due to the chippy being off sick

Invoiced them last thursday. No response. Texted them 2 days ago no response. Left a voice mail today no response.

I WILL be attached that whole fence to the back of my tipper and ripping it and anything that goes with it out of the damn ground............... FUMING

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

Maybe they are on holiday ?
I always talk about payment terms before I start,so its crystal clear that at the end of the job an invoice will be produced and it is for immediate payment
the only exemption to this is work for insurance companies but we price this with a 60 day invoice in mind

until you have spoken to them Andres,ripping it out would be unwise
cheers LLL :)
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

Forestboy1978

I have an emphasis on the dramatic lol

I wont be ripping it out. At least not without speaking to them first.

It's 72 hours our contract. So they're 3 days too late.

Tony McC
Site Admin

Do you know if they are home but just not answering? You could send a Final Warning before Legal Action letter by recorded delivery which might spur them into action, but, all too often, those intent on skipping payment, blithely ignore such letters.

Do NOT rip up any work. As wrong as it sounds, removiong any building work or materials from a site, even if you've not been paid, is technically theft, and could also qualify for criminal damage, trespass or malicious threats. You need a court order to remove materials from a site without the site owner's permission, even when they are demonstrably your materials!

The letter, then, if no response, file a case with the county court. You can do it all online nowadays at minimal cost. At all times, keep the law on YOUR side. If push comes to shove,and it ends up before a magistrate, the fact that you've adhered to the law at all times will play in your favour.
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

Forestboy1978

No idea Tony if they are in or not but they likely are as they seem to do very little and are often in when I've worked there. I've worked for them before BTW.

I'm going to do my research .....

Dave_L
Site Admin

Go round and see them face to face
RW Gale Ltd - Civils & Surfacing Contractors based in Somerset

See what we get up to Our Facebook page

Forestboy1978

Dave_L wrote:Go round and see them face to face
Damn right I'm going round there to see them face to face.

Just F****** P***** me off that I have to do it.