Competition

General banter, tradesmen, recommendations and warnings, surplus materials, humour and owt else!
lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

we use some subbies on checkatrade and i leave them feedback after the job
it is a bit of a carrot to get it done right
but I would expect it done right anyway
LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

sy76uk

When ever I speak to clients I'll tell them that I price jobs as best I can and that I won't be a millionaire zt any point in the near or distant future unless I get lucky on the lottery.
When my quotes get compared to others they have received my replies are along the lines of you might get the job done cheaper or you might get the job done better but I doubt very much that you'll get both.

michaelthegardener

that was posted on my competitions facebook page by a happy customer :D think that backs up my some customers are thick theory :D :p

I allways say to people that I do regular maintance for if I quote for a fence or something I wont be offended if they get more quotes but they need to make sure the quote is for the same quality of materials :)

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

maybe he is buying an out of square shed?
LLL :)

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

michaelthegardener

he got the second job off the pics of the first :D hes now offering this
*OFFER**
BOOK AND PAY FOR 3 GRASS CUTS AND GET YOUR 4TH CUT FREE. offer ends january 31st.

yes that's right pay for 3 cuts now months ahead and he will do 4 :;): :D keeps posting on his facebook page about how busy he and how his prices are comeing down ???

lemoncurd1702

Don't rise to it Mike. He can only cope with a certain amount of customers. Once he's reached that level you can clean up on those he can't service.

I can understand his thinking. He has the season wrapped up before its started.
Cheers
Lemoncurd

Andy Meechan

Michael,

Try not stress. If you try think of basic economics supply/demand surely if he's going to be run off his feet why would he be bringing his prices down to get more work.

Hypothetically you could both earn the same money through grass cutting. Although he could have more customers that are paying less. To earn the same as you he's maybe having to do 20 hours a week more than you. I know what I'd rather be doing.
I do grass cutting too and I've seen estates getting flyers through the door "ALL GRASS CUTTING -ANY SIZE £5". I thought j might lose customers but fortunately didn't lose any. I think turning up and being dependable is equally important as price.

Hope this helps. Andy.
Thank - you

michaelthegardener

im not stressing im finding it funny :D hasn't he realised if he gets a big uptake on the offer :rock: and its 2 weekly cuts starting say april by the time the 4th cut comes in may he could be working most of the week for free after blowing all the money in January :D hes full of shit anyway it just amazes me people get him to work for them after they see the work on facebook

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

its called buying work
it leads to poverty
treat your regulars right and they will keep coming back Michael
cheers LLL

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

michaelthegardener

well ive updated my facebook page today asked everyone to like and share this post :D

had 2 calls about 2 other fences that want doing while I was doing that :)

Forestboy1978

These guys with 200+ reviews on checkatrade and 9.99 out of 10 have got to be fake right. I mean you literally can't afford to get a single overall 9 out 10 (each review is and out of 10 for 4 catergories) and obtain that score. Some people write us a glowing review praising us up and down and still only give a 9 so how the hell can people be on 9.99 out of 10???

Really gets to me. OCD kicks right in!

RAPressureWashing

Forestboy1978 wrote:These guys with 200+ reviews on checkatrade and 9.99 out of 10 have got to be fake right. I mean you literally can't afford to get a single overall 9 out 10 (each review is and out of 10 for 4 catergories) and obtain that score. Some people write us a glowing review praising us up and down and still only give a 9 so how the hell can people be on 9.99 out of 10???

When I was with Check-a-Trade I had nearly 500 feedbacks and averaged 9.9 all genuine. I was with them for around 5-6 years, I left after finding out that yes some of the scores are fake, and lots of members didn't PL ins etc, I can't go into how I came to leave but it was after a conversation with their CEO.
Roger Oakley BDA(Europe)Member 2006
R&A Pressure Washing Services Ltd
info@rapressurewashing.co.uk
www.rapressurewashing.co.uk

Forestboy1978

R&A Pressure Washing wrote:
Forestboy1978 wrote:These guys with 200+ reviews on checkatrade and 9.99 out of 10 have got to be fake right. I mean you literally can't afford to get a single overall 9 out 10 (each review is and out of 10 for 4 catergories) and obtain that score. Some people write us a glowing review praising us up and down and still only give a 9 so how the hell can people be on 9.99 out of 10???

When I was with Check-a-Trade I had nearly 500 feedbacks and averaged 9.9 all genuine. I was with them for around 5-6 years, I left after finding out that yes some of the scores are fake, and lots of members didn't PL ins etc, I can't go into how I came to leave but it was after a conversation with their CEO.
No, you got a 9.9 which is of course possible. They've recently updated scores to 2 decimal places. I myself am on 9.86 out of 47 reviews in 6 months since we started. All backed up with photos before during after with myself, the dog, my vehicles or signeage to prove they're real. I'm not talking about 9.9. I'm talking about 9.99. Big difference. Do you get me?

RAPressureWashing

Okay these must be changes since I left around 2 years ago, for me the whole thing is a joke anyway, what started off so well has just become a money making machine so standards have or did slip
Roger Oakley BDA(Europe)Member 2006
R&A Pressure Washing Services Ltd
info@rapressurewashing.co.uk
www.rapressurewashing.co.uk

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

its why ebay naru'ed me if people rate your delivery at say 4 of of 5 ,they end up banning you
crock o shite
LLL

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE