Feedback required - Eazybarra

For the discussion of hand tools, power tools, operated and non-operated plant, and all sorts of kit associated with the paving and drainage trades
Rich H

I like it.

I don't like to carry slabs in a barrow, and I've never had a barrow with a knackered skip where the main frame was still sound enough to carry slabs.

I usually hire 4-wheel trolleys on jobs of more than 4-6 crates, but they're a bit unweildy.

The price will presumably come down with volume. To me it's worth maybe twice as much as a barrow but not 3-4 times...

Sell 'em at cost on ebay until there are enough out there to create a demand?

James.Q

good idea about e bay rich its very good for prouduct awareness and a very cheap marketing tool
One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important.

Artisan

I would agree with the general feeeling on here, that it is a good idea, especially from a H&S perspective, but the price seems way over the top for half a' barra. Can't see a domestic application, not worthwhile buying one for a single job, and commercially it is justy too expensive. If I was a Dragon, I would unfortunately have to say to to this invention.

James.Q

maybe hire companies are the way forward?
One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important.

seanandruby
Site Admin

i'll just keep using the trolley i nicked from B @ Q :laugh:
sean

eazybarra man

LLL, Rich H, Artisan, James Q, Thanks for your comments.
Hopefully as awareness and volume increases we can reduce manufacturing costs.
We had a choice, make and sell them as cheap as possible, use thin tube, thin base plate, cheap wheels etc and initially sell loads of them.
The drawback with this is that you dont sell many more, you get lots of complaints and a reputation of having a Sxxxx product.
Or use thicker and better quality materials which makes the product more expensive ,you dont sell as many initially but you have a quality product capable of withstanding daily use and abuse on sites.
Agreed,They are too expensive for DIY'ers to buy.However they are available to hire.
The Hire Supply Company Nottingham are distributing to Hire Shops throughout UK & Northern Ireland.
LLL, Yes,builders are a sceptical bunch and it is not until they use our product that they realise the cost, time and effort savings.
James Q, being a paving contractor you will appreciate the effort to move flags from a front driveway round to the back of a house.
So what I will do for you (if you want) is give you a eazybarra to trial foc for your next paving job, then an active member of this site can post feedback and let everyone else know if it is a quality product and value for money.

James.Q

ok i will take you up on your offer if you want to give me a call my mobile is (pm'd you) lunch time tomorrow about 1 would be a good time . i can post pics of easy barra at work carrying 3 differant types of flags plus kerbs 10 x 5 and 6 x 5s if your prouduct is as good as you say last picture will be of my old truck in skip if not yours do you take up the challenge i promise to be totaly unbiased and honest. Jamess .Q

eazybarra man

James, I will call you tomorrow,Thanks

seanandruby
Site Admin

A real life duel, choose your weapons, may the best man win. good luck gentlemen....keep it clean. My money is on eazybarra. :;):
sean

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

duel shurely sean? :;):
i am warming to EB man,he talks the talk and now he is walking the walk....
my fave invention of the last 10 years is still richard evans paving markers
i use mine every day for marking cut outs on concrete ,walls slabs,etc etc
never need sharpening and last for ages
evans innovations,you wouldnt think you could re invent the pencil but he has (sort of LOL)
regards LLL
and good luck fellas :)
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

DeckmanAdam

Do you know the best place to get some of the richard evans paving markers LLL?
Cheers

James.Q

LLL, there no H in surely :;):
my fave paving marker is gas or elec box cut into strips last a life time LOL old school!:D

seanandruby
Site Admin

I stand corrected lll. But i did have the right amount of letters in my error. In English grammar h is silent in surely. But in your spelling its not invisible. the gloves are off, choose your weapons, meet you at dawn....bring your dictionary. :D
sean

James.Q

i can hear the sound track of the good the bad the ugly lol

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

private eye always used to correct spelling errors by starting "shurely some mistake" lol
i use the firefox plug in English auto spell checker it underlines words in red that i have spelt wrong then gives me options for changing them,and there are plenty of those :cool:
richards site ishere i notice some latcheko called cormaic web design built it? i wonder who that could be??
they are great for marking stuff ,i have used all the old favourites james but you leave these in your pocket and they are very convenient
regards LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE