Good reasonably priced laser level?

For the discussion of hand tools, power tools, operated and non-operated plant, and all sorts of kit associated with the paving and drainage trades
haggistini

I still use this little Jem from the valleys
And unlike lazers it go's Arround corners,in buildings and any one can use it and sling it in the van

http://www.akwamasta.co.uk/
http://www.G-Tech.co
Bespoke Paving Contractor
M:07944036174

Less yap yap more tap tap!

TheRockConcreting

lutonlagerlout wrote:we used to use water levels in the 80s jay
have you ever used them
PITA

LLL :;):
Never had the need to use them, always had the proper tools to hand, but if moneys tight, i thought it might have been a good option for him to play around with.
Jay Johnston

The Rock Concreting Ltd
Cambridgeshire, UK

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

when cowleys were still in use and before no one but surveyors had laser levels the water levels were handy enough

but sure as eggs are eggs someone would let go of his end and all the water would run out
or a dumper/forktruck would drive over them

like any tool they are only as good as the men using them's understanding of how they work

which generally was never good on site

LLL :)
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

seanandruby
Site Admin

Cost me 20p for a ball of string ???
sean

ringi

Just had a thought, if it for a one off job, can you work in the evening after it has started to get dark. One of the issues with cheap lasers is that they are not bright enough to be used outside on a summer’s day.

kariba

I used a water level doing a crazy paved water line in a pool. Came up decent. There were no straight lines in this pool and the company I worked fot only had a crappy laser and staff that was accurate to 3mm over 10m which would be so noticeable in a pool.

Tony McC
Site Admin

A few years back, I'd have sided with you about the water level, but as some of my work involves assessments for court cases, I was obliged to invest in a reasonable quality laser level and while the 600-and-odd quid hurt like hell initially, I wouldn't be without it now. One man operation, incredibly quick to set up and pretty damned accurate (1:100,000 = 1mm in 100m), and it has a sensor enhancer for work in bright sunlight.

As long as you have a line of sight, a laser is fine, but for awkward sites where there are all sorts of visual obstructions, a water level is ard to beat!
Site Agent - Pavingexpert