Been done again!! - Cleaned out.

For the discussion of hand tools, power tools, operated and non-operated plant, and all sorts of kit associated with the paving and drainage trades
mickavalon

I've not been on for a while, but to say this years started badly would be an understatement. I had my lock up robbed last year, and they took mainly power tools and damaged our pick up. Over xmas they came back and completely trashed the pick up and had a go at the container again. We repaired the damage, tried to shore up the defenses and, by the way, replaced 2 vehicles with 1 350 Transit 07 plate crew-cab tipper, which I now take home. I then found a new Yard/lock up, but problems with the new landlord emptying it of crap delayed us moving in.
So come the snow, we stay at home, minding our own business and the w@%*ers came back, and must of spent the week, blissfully helping themselves to all my gear.
They sliced through the container with a grinder, hacked off all the chains and padlocks inside, forced open my tuff boxes and cleared most of the shelves of chemicals, fixings etc.
I lost a brilliant 18" Whacker Plate, a belle mini plate, stihl saw, all me carpentry power tools, a new chop saw, 9" & 4" electric grinders, Carpentry hand tools, the lads hand tools, sprayers, sectional boxes of spax screws, bolts, all me nails?? You name it they took it.
Feel a bit like giving in now. My premiums sky high, my rents gone up, to re-locate, plus all the costs involved in that. Happy New Year lads.
Gi it sum ommer

digerjones

feel for you mick, never been done over myself. i very rarely leave the mini anywhere. i am lucky as live in a nice area and able to park and keep stuff at home. not sure what else you can do, i would'nt like to imagine what you've been through. chin up.
dylan

mickavalon

Cheers mate. Most gutted about me whacker and the lads tools. I've had the plate 15 years, almost part of the family, lol. The hand tools belonged to me nephew, only 1, cracking worker, and he'd just got all his kit together.
Worse bit about it for me is that I'd not got enough of a payout last time to replace all that was took then, with excess and devaluation. This time I had to endure the first degree from the plod, as if I was lying, same off me insurance, and the thought some other builders buying itt all for probsbly more than I'll get back. Still, we're busy as hell, which helps. Then again, so is me toool hire guy. :rock:
Gi it sum ommer

mickavalon

Me nephews 19 not 1. Bloody key pads.
Gi it sum ommer

lutonlagerlout
Site Admin

sorry to hear that mick
LLL
"what,you want paying today??"

YOUR TEXT GOES HERE

michaelthegardener

sorry to hear that never been robbed at home but some bastard nicked a strimmer when i turned my back and that was bad enough :(

Tommy

Never experienced it myself, but it must be horrible.

There was no end of jibing when at my old place, a bloke managed to have a petrol hover mower stolen off his tractor and trailer. Best of it being... he was sitting on the tractor at the time, reading the paper, and never noticed til after brew time.

local patios and driveway

Ive had a wacker plate stolen and that is it, been lucky or careful, probably a mix of both. Time to make changes. They say almost 50% of thefts are inside jobs or people who are very local

michaelthegardener

Tommy wrote:Never experienced it myself, but it must be horrible.

There was no end of jibing when at my old place, a bloke managed to have a petrol hover mower stolen off his tractor and trailer. Best of it being... he was sitting on the tractor at the time, reading the paper, and never noticed til after brew time.
when i was at collage i was on work experiance with the council one day i was stood right behind the pickup when some bugger drove off in it :D .... was well pissed off i lost me dinner :( :p

London Stone Paving

Sorry to hear that Mick. We got done loads of times when we first moved to Stanwell Moor. its a shit thing to happen. Whats the new place like, is it safer?

mickavalon

Yes mate, it's an old Victorian dairy, gated and roofed over. It's got an office area, about 20m2 and about 250m2 storage. It's about a 5min walk from my house, as opposed to a forty min drive. Too be fair mate, we have become really busy, so maybe the break in could be a bit if a catalyst.
Gi it sum ommer

mickavalon

Yes mate, it's an old Victorian dairy, gated and roofed over. It's got an office area, about 20m2 and about 250m2 storage. It's about a 5min walk from my house, as opposed to a forty min drive. Too be fair mate, we have become really busy, so maybe the break in could be a bit if a catalyst.
Gi it sum ommer

mickavalon

Sorry, managed to post that twice, doh!!
LPD mate, we had a traveller camp about 200yds down the rd, and although I'm not saying it was definitely them, I was sharing with a tarmac gang who had nothing taken I don't think they did it as we pass each other work, but they're knon and I'm not, so?
Gi it sum ommer

rimexboy

Sorry to hear that,

Simon