Mini or micro digger private hire near derby

For the discussion of hand tools, power tools, operated and non-operated plant, and all sorts of kit associated with the paving and drainage trades
digerjones

i hired one of them the other week. sure there was a sticker on it saying if you tip it, we will know. something along them lines, like a sencer or something.
dylan

Mikey_C

they (the hire company) had to come and get it back up, on a bank holiday!! offered to pull out the tree stump I had been tickling, with the 3 tonner he used to right the other one, next doors lawn and path shoot towards us, so I had to dig out and chop off the root by hand took a whole friday afternoon about 6 hours and alot swearing!!

DNgroundworks

still cant work out how you can pull it over!, they shouldnt hire machines to joe public on a self hire basis i reckon, imagine if that post hit you!!

Mikey_C

the tracks were balancing on either side of the man hole cover you can see in shot, boom out to the side badly distributing the weight and you can't tell from angle of the photo but I had dug about 100mm down either side of the path. plus the overriding factor complete t1t driving it!!!

you're right they shouldn't hire them out!!

I was much better the second time though bigger takeuchi machine couldn't have rolled it if I tried, I did pull the electricity cable up though!!

see if I can find the photos.

Pablo

Mikey_C wrote:pretty sure I have posted about it on here before but here goes...

was in a rush, balanced it on a path, caught a tree root, pulled it over.

was quite lucky, you can see a 3"x3" post from the fence it fell on going up through the cab, that scraped my back! i didn't have my belt on and fell out the I don't know how the digger didn't fall on me and I broke the little bone at the end of my finger, on my weeding ring 6 weeks before my wedding.
And that is why you shouldn't wear a seat belt in any open cab machine there's a fence post sticking through the cab where the driver would be if he'd been wearing one. No doubt about it you'd be dead any 1.5 toners without the expanding tracks take very little to tip they should be banned.
Can't see it from my house

Dave_L
Site Admin

My god you were lucky to get out of that with little/no harm.

Bet yer arse tightened up a little!
RW Gale Ltd - Civils & Surfacing Contractors based in Somerset

See what we get up to Our Facebook page

Kuts

Sweet Jesus your lucky.
Did the hire place charge you anything for damage/coming out?

Mikey_C

Dave_L wrote:Bet yer arse tightened up a little!
they are still waiting for me to return the seat cover when in gets extracted!!!

Mikey_C

Kuts wrote:Sweet Jesus your lucky.
Did the hire place charge you anything for damage/coming out?

just dug out the receipt, £65+vat to come out and right (spelling?) it and extra £10+vat for fuel due to collecting it there and then on the long flat bed beaver tail.

bearing in mind I live opposite a church and it was good friday it was a source of much amusement to all who saw it, some even felt the need to come over and comment/make jokes.

pretty sure they bent the pipe that went to my soakaway when they drove over it with the 3T machine they used to right it.

the original hire charge was £80+vat (inc delivery) for a day, i'll try and dig out the rest of photos but they pre-date our ownership of digital camera, which makes thing harder.

Dave_L
Site Admin

That's very reasonable for a call out/righting of machine on a Bank Holiday!!!
RW Gale Ltd - Civils & Surfacing Contractors based in Somerset

See what we get up to Our Facebook page

local patios and driveway

Blimey, im sure even the good plant guys here have done it, ive rolled two in 13 yrs but im on a machine most days. I would like to see an end to self drive plant hire, we would make a mint if it was stopped