drainage for retaining wall

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
DAVE YEARSLEY

Hi Tony,
Just taking a break from flagging due to rain. Thanks to all your advise things seem to be going well, I first laid my marshalls sets sloping away from the house and then proceeded to lay my flags. My query this time is: I have a retaining wall the full length of my patio, the wall is 500mm high and is built from marshalls walling with a second skin behind of concrete blocks. Behind the wall is the garden. Do I need to install any type of drainage, the garden never seems too wet.
P.S. I have taken some piccies and when the after pics are taken I will send them to you.
Thanks again
Dave Yearsley

84-1093879891

You might not need drainage behind the retainer wall, Dave, if your garden is fairly dry, but it's good practice to incorporate weepholes in a wall like this, just to alleviate any pressure building up behind the wall.

However, if you do this, is there anywhere for the garden groundwater to drain to?

DAVE YEARSLEY

Hi Tony,
Thanks for your prompt reply. I have already incorporated weep holes in the wall and the water can drain across the patio towards a gully.
Thanks again
Dave Yearsley