social call

General banter, tradesmen, recommendations and warnings, surplus materials, humour and owt else!
Craig2

hi tony, sorry i never got back with the photos of my u-bend driveway in drivesett(if you remember it causing me a lot of stress last year) but it was just to big to get a picture to do it justice, and thanx to your advice i achieved a result i am more than happy with and so was the customer which helps. anyway ive been very busy since, setting up on my own,hence looking for a block barrow. i have been paving for 8years now,the first three as a labourer and have a genuine love for my job and when my website is up i will post it up for your perusal,well just to say thanx for such a wonderful site and will be in touch soon, cheers

TonyMcC
Site Admin

Good luck with the new business, Craig. What's the name of your company, and where are you based?

Craig2

thanx for the info on block carts, i hope you understand but im not in a position to divulge that info just yet as i dont hand my notice in until this friday! and i am 'the main man' as my fat cat unappreciative boss tells me and i failed to mention i will have a partner, who, youve probably guessed, runs the soft landscaping side of the firm i work for, so anyway, roll on friday then i can reveal all, thanx again c

TonyMcC
Site Admin

I look forward to all being revealed in due course.

Good luck on Friday! :)

Craig2

hi again, just to say my notice has gone in and had no reaction as yet, would it be possible to send you a private e-mail regarding my situation?

TonyMcC
Site Admin

Of course - info AT pavingexpert DOT com

Craig2

hiya tony, the website went live today, www.bespokedrivesandgardens.co.uk and if you look in the'no job too large...' section,top right you can just about see the u-shaped drive that caused me such frustration and i still havnt sent u the e-mail i keep promising, i will try and explain now, the drive which turns 180 degrees, i took a centre point between the start of the turn and the finish and knocked in a pin and found that an 11metre length of string line overlapped into the drive through the 180 degrees i then divided my 180 by 32 giving 5.625 then worked out my 11metre isosalese(best guess at spelling) triangle and found my shorter length and did the same again but at 13metres and built a errr rhombus? with two 2 metre lengths and my shorter sides from the triangles then laid the frame at the start point and took my straight line on the top edge and cut, then laid some more and placed the bottom edge of the frame on the cut line at my 11 metre length of string line and cut again and so on, giving me 31 cuts till i reached the end, i hope you understand my crap explanation but its not one of my stronger points, as you will be able to tell from the pictures my photography failed to capture any detail int the job due to its size but i have got a picture of said frame that i will send. cheers, craig

TonyMcC
Site Admin

Looks dead impressive, Craig, both the paving and the spangly new website! :)

I edited your post to make the url for your new website into a Live Link - I trust you don't mind.

I've not had a chance to look at your email just yet - one of those days again - but I will after me tea, and I'll be in touch.