Soak Away

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
srinivasalnb

friends
I want to design a soakaway in Gulf region for 55 Ha area with a rainfall intensity of 25 mm/hr for 30 min rainfall duration. The test pit shows the 20 depth of sand nothing else. Can any one tell me how to design the soakaway.

84-1093879891

The method for calculating the requirements for a soakaway is given on the Soakways page. For such a large site, and given that you are on sand, I would guess that one of the modular attenuation systems would be the ideal solution, but I'm not sure how readily available are these items in the Gulf.

The most important calculation is to determine the storage volume you'll need to cope with storm conditions, which is, in turn, a function of the permeability of the sub-grade. On such a large project, I would seek advice from a water engineer that has experience of the conditions in that part of the world - my experience with soakaways and stormwater management seystems is limited to Britain and Ireland. I'm afraid.