Drainage near house wall?

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
vinny

I have broken the patio as it was level with the dpc. I would like to make a good job and wonder what to do re drainage? I guess to make a channel min 150 deep 200 away from wall. but where do i take the water in this channel as i am not near any drains?
Any suggestions?
Vinny

84-1093879891

Have you read the page "All about DPCs"? That gives some common solutions to the problem of levels, but, as for where you can drain to, I'm not sure, as I'm not familiar with your site. Would a soakaway be feasible?

vinny

Thanks for your site and info. Very detailed and informative.
I thought the soakaway had to be 10 meters away from the house? From reading your site, I thought the best way was to connect to a drain?
I have now found a clay pipe about 3 meters away but it is combined house and drain.
I have seen another reply re close to the conservatory which is similair to mine. There has been times where the water rises up from the ground / garden. I thought that the best way would be to connect to a drain / gulley but the patio surface area is about 18 sq meters L shaped with only 4 meters near the house wall which needs lowering.
regards
Vinny

vinny

OOps looking at my comments re rissing water from the ground this is only after heavy rain. The water runs down the alleway. The garden is wet but does dry quickly. No puddles?

84-1093879891

If you have a drain within 3 metres, then forget the soakaway option (yes, it should be 10 metres from the house!) and form a connection to the existing combined system.

Did you decide on a 'method'? Would a linear drain be the simplest option?

vinny

Ive just realised that to connect the linear drain to the sewer i have to incorporate a trap....
I was going to use your system of a pcc flag on edge. Construct the base out of concrete with a permable pipe and pebbles on top. Again though i thought how do i connect/drain to a sewer re smell/trap.
I then thought about taking the hard option of digging out the patio to a level below the dpc. Dropping to a gulley?
Vinny

84-1093879891

It's not all that difficult. At the low point of the dry channel, install a single-piece trapped gully, and connect that to the existing drain.

But, if you really want all the work of reducing the level of the patio, and correcting the falls, then again, a trapped gully is the best solution, but you won't need the dry channel arrangement.

vinny

Thanks Tony i have gone for the level of patio. I am in the process of buying the gulley etc. I would have liked to use your recommendations for shops but they seem all to be your way?
Thanks for the help!!
Vince

84-1093879891

Most of the suppliers I recommend have a nationwide presence. The odd one or two might be limited to a particular region, but, for everyday stuff such as gullies and linear drains, you should be able to get these at almost any BM.