Recolouring Slabs

Patio flagstones (slabs), concrete flags, stone flags including yorkstone and imported flagstones.
84-1093879874

I have a patio area laid some 20 odd years ago by a previous occupant. The slabs are coloured, some green and some cream. I pressure wash the patio each spring, and it seems as though the colours have been applied as a surface dressing, rather than impregnated throughout the slabs when they were cast. The colours seem to withstand the pressure washing, but they are fading, particularly on the cream slabs.

Any recommendations for brush-on colour treatments for concrete slabs?

84-1093879891

There are some paints-cum-dyes that have been developed to re-colour concrete flags, but stockists are thin on the ground (I know of only one in the NW of England), the results aren't exactly gob-smackingly impressive and the damage to the pocket is severe. From memory (it must be 5 years at least since I treated some flags for a client) it was costing around 4 quid to treat a 600x600mm unit - more than it costs for a new replacement flag!!

Try asking at your local BM. Again, from memory, I think the name of the product we used was 'Keim', but I may be confusing it with something else. I'll have a poke about in my files after I've had me tea and see if I kept any notes at the time. :)