Pressure Testing

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
Nick

I have built a conservatory and connected the guttering to the existing storm drain at the back of the house. Due to changes in the builing regulations in Scotland the nice builing control officer wants me to pressure test the system in their presence. This length of drain already had 2 inlets, plus 2 rodding eyes and the outlet into the inspection chamber. I have added another branch to this, that makes 6 outlets. Therefore unless I am missing something do I really need to seal all 6 outlets to the system to pressure test it.
Thanks
Nick

84-1093879891

'Fraid so, Nick, if it's an air test. If the BCO will accept a water test, and the layout of the system is advantageous, you can possibly get away with just stoppering-up the primary outlet, then filling the sytem till it's within 100mm or so of the top of the RE's/inlets/etc, but then, not all BCOs will accept a water test unless you have a sufficiently large head (of water, not on top of your shoulders!)

You might be able to get a loan of half-a-dozen bungs from a local builder in exchange for a few beer vouchers. It'd be cheaper than buying 6 of summat you're never likely to need again!