Moving Inspection Chambers

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
68-1093879160

Hi, I am having a conservatory built on the back of my house. There is an inspection cover in the patio where my drainage from the house feeds in, the neigbours drain feeds in and the ouput to the main sewer in the road. The builder putting the conservatory up says that this inspection cover is not necessary as there is one next door and one just the other side of the wall in the road. He says the best way to approach this is to put in a jetting eye and not to bother moving the original chamber but to seal it and concrete over it in the conservatory floor. Is this the right approach?

84-1093879891

Without seeing a full layout for the drainage on the properties affected, I can't say whether it's right or not, but it takes a bloody good argument to convince me that an IC can be done away with.

We don't, as a rule, build ICs and/or MHs into drainage sytems for fun - they're built in because they are needed, either because of the layout or because of legislation.

Have you spoken to your BCO or is this conservatory outside their remit? If there's no involvement from the BCO, can you send me a sketch of the layout?