Bubbles - Bubbles on the ready products face

For the discussion of hand tools, power tools, operated and non-operated plant, and all sorts of kit associated with the paving and drainage trades
areks

Hello

I have been trying to produce imitations of stone since some time. I have a problem. On the surface of the ready products wholes appear. They are produced in poliurethane moulds and made of cocnrete. I use vibrating table. I have tried diffrent types of cocrete (dense, thick) as well as plasticise. But the bubbles still appear.
I would like to ask to give me some advice how to minimazie or get rid of the problem at all. Maybe I am doing something incorrectly.

Greetings

Arek
Arek

Tony McC
Site Admin

There are dozens of possible causes and all you can do is play around with all the variables until you find a combination that gives better results.

Amongst the usual contributers to this problem are...
<ul>
<li> improperly cleaned moulds
<li> poor quality mould release oil
<li> insufficient vibration
<li> vibration at wrong frequency
<li> poor quality plasticisers
<li> poor mix design
</ul>

...and probably a dozen more!
Site Agent - Pavingexpert

mouldmaker

One of the most common culprits (other than those mentioned by Tony) is too much mould oil. This will cause blow-holes, discoloration and make the surface friable and prone to dusting.

WETCAST

how long do you mix your concrete for the longer you mix it the more air it gets