Patterned imprinted concrete - should a gap be left all around the outer boundary?

Setts and cobbles, tarmac, asphalt, resin systems, concrete whether it's plain, patterned or stencilled, gravels, etc.
cupids

Patterned imprinted concrete - should a gap be left all around the outer boundary?

Hi all,
I'm due to have patterned imprinted concrete laid down across the whole of my back garden, starting next month, approx 100sqm in total. I'm aware that the contractor has to leave expansion gaps within the concrete to avoid cracking. What should happen at the outer boundary of the concreted area?

In particular, towards the house, should the concrete go all the way to the house wall, or should a gap be left?
Towards the boundaries with the neighbours, should the concrete go all the way to the fence?

The contractor has said he'll leave a gap all the way round. Won't this means water pools in the gap when it rains heavily? I'm worried about future damp issues.

There is some very useful info below, but in my case, I'm starting from scratch, so get to set the finished level of the concrete by adding/removing soil etc.
https://www.pavingexpert.com/dpc01