Land drainage into manhole

Foul and surface water, private drains and public sewers, land drains and soakaways, filter drains and any other ways of getting rid of water.
earthwagon

Land drainage into manhole

My patio floods with 5-8cm of water when we have heavy rain. There are no drains on the back of my house. I'm on clay soil, so soakaway won't work. So I've dug a trench which runs along the house side of the lawn, across the patio and down the side passage to the combined SW/FW chamber. It's quite a small chamber, about 65cm by 50cm. I'm intending to lay membrane-wrapped perforated 80mm pipe along most of it, with a short length of solid pipe incorporating a trap, entering the chamber. I read on another post that the solid pipe should be 110mm. If so, are there adaptors to connect 80mm to 110mm or do I have to get 110mm perforated pipe too? And do I need to get Building Control approval before I drill/break into the chamber? The depth from path to the top of the benching is only about 18cm. I'd rather not have to break into the benching if possible.

earthwagon

Re: Land drainage into manhole

Overwhelming response. Thanks.