Exposed Garage Slab

Other groundworks tasks, such as roads and footpaths, terracing, fencing, foundations, walls and brickwork, tools and plant.
GarethC

Exposed Garage Slab

Hi all,

1st post. I work as an Architectural Technologist so have limited experience etc with external works or Civils. I often use paving expert to help me out to questions I don't have the answer to and is a bundle of useful resource.
My query is on an exposed garage slab, as in exposed to the outside, due to the garage door being a sectional garage door which is set behind the reveal of the opening for the door, rather than the door fitting in the opening at the front edge. The garage door being set back means there is a bit of slab 'toe' left exposed to external and wondered if this was an issue at all? My immediate thought is no, but does this need some kind of lacquer over, or a clear DPM if such thing exists?

Thanks in advance and I hope this forum is where this type of query can be answered.

digerjones

Re: Exposed Garage Slab

In my experience no. If you thought it was going to be a problem, you could build a separate threshold
dylan